Excellence Scholarships for Master's Degree Programme at Leiden University, Netherlands , and applications are submitted till 1st February 2018 for all programmes starting in September Leiden University offers excellence scholarships for excellent students from all nationalities and Non-EU/EEA students. Scholarships are awarded for all MA, MSc and LL.M programmes for Non-EU/EEA students and for master’s of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy for students of all nationalities. Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Leiden University Netherlands
Level: Master’s Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded for all MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden (for Non-EU/EEA students). Scholarships are awarded in the following programmes (for all nationalities): Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European and International Business Law, International Tax Law, Public International Law, International Civil and Commercial Law and MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
Deadline: Deadlines are 1st February 2018 for all programmes starting in September 2018 except Law programmes (The deadline for the Faculty of Law is 1st March 2018 starting in September 2018) and 1 October 2018 for programmes starting in February 2019.
Funded By: Leiden University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Excellence Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ Award No: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Ivory. The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are of up to 12 months’ duration.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards: -Platinum Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee and an allowance of €10,000 for living costs -Gold Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee -Silver Covers 75% of the tuition fee -Bronze Covers 50% of the tuition fee -Ivory Covers 25 % of the tuition fee The number and type of award of the 2015 Excellence Scholarships depends on the budget available for each Faculty department. The type of award has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence. The tuition fee will be reduced to the amount of the home fee. Students who have been awarded a Platinum or Gold award still have to pay the home fee themselves.
‣ For excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme and for excellent students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
‣ Students should be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship. It is necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance their study and stay completely.
‣ One of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands is that students must submit proof that they have sufficient financial means to finance their study period in the Netherlands.
‣ Leiden University advises a budget, not including the tuition fee, of approx. €10,000 to €14,000 per year to cover the costs for rent, insurance, living expenses, course books and local transportation.
‣ How much money students actually spend will of course depend on their life style and spending habits.
‣ Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2018 or February 2018 (All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden, a number of programs have a start date in September only).
‣ All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting starting February 2018 or September 2018 (programs listed below have a September start date only, with the exception of Adv. Studies in Air & Space Law):
Selection Criteria for Excellence Scholarships
‣ Students are selected on the basis of academic merit.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Programmes starting Feb: 1 Oct / Programmes starting Sept: 1 Feb / Exception - LLM Advanced Studies programmes: 1 March
‣ Note: Excellence Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.