The 2011-2013 EUSA Haas Fund Fellowship Executive Committee is pleased to announce the 2013 Competition, an annual scholarship for graduate student EU-related dissertation research. Full details :
Level: Dissertation Research
Field(s): An EU-related Dissertation Topic
Deadline: 04 January 2013
Funded by: European Union Studies Association
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open to: graduate students pursuing an EU-related dissertation topic in the academic year 2012-2013
Benefits( Values/inclusions): at least one unrestricted fellowship of $1,500
‣ The 2011-2013 European Union Studies Association Executive Committee is pleased to announce the 2013 European Union Studies Association Haas Fund Fellowship Competition, an annual fellowship for graduate student EU-related dissertation research.
‣ Thanks entirely to contributions to our Ernst Haas Memorial Fund for EU Studies, launched in June 2003 to honor the memory of the late scholar Ernst B. Haas (1924-2003)
‣ They will offer at least one unrestricted fellowship of $1,500 to support the dissertation research of any graduate student pursuing an EU-related dissertation topic in the academic year 2012-2013.
To qualify for 2013 EUSA Haas Fund Fellowship Competition, candidates must fulfill the following stipulations :
‣ be pursuing the doctoral degree (PhD) at an accredited institution in any country;
‣ be writing a dissertation in English;
‣ have an EU-related, doctoral dissertation topic approved by the professor who will supervise it; and,
‣ be able to demonstrate clearly the relevance to EU studies of the dissertation topic.
Applicants for this Fellowship should submit:
‣ A one-page letter of application that specifies how the fellowship would be used;
‣ A CV;‣ A two-page (500 words) précis of the dissertation research project that also explains its relevance to EU studies; and,
‣ Ask for two letters of support to be sent directly to European Union Studies Association. These letters should be from professors serving on the student’s dissertation committee, and one should be the chair.
‣ The successful applicant will be notified by February 22, 2011 at the latest, and will receive the grant soon thereafter. The fellowship will be paid in one lump sum by check and in US dollars only.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post
‣ Please send applications to email@example.com and use the heading “2013 E.B. Haas Fund Fellowship competition.” The firm deadline for applications to be received in the European Union Studies Association office is January 4, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like