European Master Scholarship in Software Engineering is offered by European Commission/EACEA with the Erasmus Mundus Brand Name (EMBN). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Free University of Bozen-Bolzano; the Blekinge Institute of Technology; the University of Kaiserslautern | Italy, Sweden and Germany respectively.
Level: Master’s(MSc) Degree
Field(s):The enlisted fields of study in this scholarship program are Software Engineering, Computer Science and other related subjects.
Deadline: 25th February 2013.
Funded by: European Commission/EACEA with the Erasmus Mundus Brand Name (EMBN).
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for EU and Non EU students.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):The scholarships will cover your partial tuition fees for two years.
‣ No. Of European Master Scholarships: up to are reserved to students visiting FUB and UNIKL - up to 4 are reserved to students visiting BTH and FUB or UNIKL -up to 1 is reserved to NON EU students visiting FUB or UNIKL and then BTH.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: up to 3 (from 21,450 to 24,000 € per two year) -up to 4 (from 11,475 to 15.420 € per two year) -up to 1 worth of € 3,420.
‣ The Consortium of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Italy), the Blekinge Tekniska Högskola (Sweden), and the Technische Universität Kaiserslautern (Germany) offer a two year (120 ECTS credits) Joint Masters Programme, named European Master Course in Software Engineering (EMSE).
‣ EMSE aims at training students in emerging research domains that shape the future of Software Engineering.
‣ It prepares students for industry and research carriers as PhD programmes.
‣ After completing the EMSE studies the student will have gained expertise, competence, and practical skills on software management and quality, innovation and creativity, software process and product standards, social and economic market of IT, and teamwork.
‣ The international dimension of the Masters Course guarantees that students familiarise with different educational methods and a multicultures. Since 2006 EMSE has been funded by the Erasmus Mundus Programme.
‣ However, as a result of the highly competitive nature of the selection and the limited budget available, the course was not re-selected for funding, but has demonstrated high quality throughout, and has therefore been awarded by the European Commission/EACEA with the Erasmus Mundus Brand Name (EMBN) by which it commits itself to maintain the requirements and level of excellence expected from an Erasmus Mundus Masters Course.
In order to be considered for European Master Scholarship in Software Engineering, candidates must fulfill the following admission requirements:
‣ Respect the application deadline.
‣ Have been awarded a BSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or degrees with equivalent skills in the three areas: Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
‣ Provide proof of proficiency in English language proved by TOEFL (>550 PB; > 213CB; >81 IB), IELTS (>6) or equivalent certificate.
‣ An English proficiency certificate is not required in case of native speakers who come from countries where English is an official language.
‣ The consortium can request a further personal interview to assess the student’s English level.
‣ Students are accepted in the program regardless of sex, age, or nationality.
Note: ‣ Applicants that fulfill the admission criteria will be ranked according to the selection criteria. A ranking list and a reserve list will be defined for each learning path according to the following criteria:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ European Master Scholarship Applications are due for NON-EU and EU applicants is February 25th, 2013 and July 31st, 2013 for application open on May 2nd, 2013.
‣ Notification of admission and scholarships award is March 15th, 2013 and notification to the students of the reserve list is March 21st, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like