Europe-South Africa Partnership for Human Development Scholarships.The deadline for European applicants is 1st of February 2016 and for South African applicants is 13 March 2016. EUROSA is an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Partnerships scholarship programme available for the applicants from Europe & South Africa. These EUROSA scholarships are awarded at master, PhD, Postdoc and staff level to spend a study or research period abroad at one of the partner universities. The duration of the mobility varies from 1 to 34 months according to the level and the type of mobility. Grants include a monthly subsistence allowance to cover accommodation and living expenses, health insurance, participation fees (if applicable) and travel costs. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | Europe (for South African applicants) and South Africa (for European applicants) Scholarships support mobility at master, PhD, Postdoc and staff level to spend a study or research period at one of the partner universities: European Partner Universities (University of Antwerp, University of Bologna, University of Graz, Leipzig University, Lund University, University of Malaga, University of Montpellier II, Tilburg University and Utrecht University) and South-African Partner Universities (Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Durban University of Technology, Stellenbosch University, University of Fort Hare, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Limpopo, University of Pretoria, University of the Free State, University of the Western Cape, University of Venda and North-West University).
Field(s): Europe-South Africa Partnership for Human Development Scholarships are available in a broad range of fields of study. The study areas for South African applicants have been defined by the South African authorities as priority fields for exchange of students, researchers and staff. Apart from the study area ‘Languages & Philological Sciences’, all study fields are open to South African applicants. European applicants can apply for all fields of study
Deadline : 13 March 2016
Funded By: European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Europe-South Africa Partnership for Human Development Scholarships are targeted for European and South African applicants
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of the mobility varies from 1 to 34 months according to the level and the type of mobility.
‣ Scholarship covers: Grants include a monthly subsistence allowance to cover your accommodation and living expenses, health insurance, participation fees (if applicable) and travel costs. The scholarship includes:
‣ EUROSA is an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Partnerships scholarship programme ( Europe-South Africa Partnership for Human Development Scholarships ), funded by the European Commission.
‣ It is coordinated by the University of Antwerp and it promotes mobility for South African and European students, researchers, academic and administrative staff.
‣ The 1st EUROSA project was launched in 2010. Over the years the EUROSA projects have granted more than 200 scholarships to talented South African and European students and researchers to fulfill their academic dreams abroad.
African master, PhD, postdoc or staff applicants from a South African
partner university should apply as Target Group 1 applicants.
African master and PhD applicants from non-partner universities or
who are currently working with a previous degree from a South African
university should apply as Target Group 2 applicants.
EUROSA partnership specifically encourages applicants from
historically disadvantaged groups to apply for a scholarship.
Please note that you are not eligible to apply for a scholarship if you have resided in a European member state for more than 12 months over the past 5 years.
EU nationals are eligible to apply for a EUROSA scholarship.
Permanent residents who do not have an EU nationality cannot apply.
master, PhD, postdoc or staff applicants from a European partner
university should apply as Target Group 1 applicants.
master,PhD or postdoc applicants from non-partner universities or who
are currently working with a previous degree from a European
university should apply as Target Group 2 applicants.
will be notified by email about the selection outcome 6 weeks after
the closing deadline.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Check the academic offer for master, PhD, postdoctoral and staff applicants. Select a study area of your interest and click on ‘Show academic offer details’ at the bottom of the page.
‣ Click on the green led button to start the online application for the programme of your interest.
‣ Complete and submit the requested information.
‣ You will receive a request by email to confirm your entry in the database, including instructions on how to proceed. Don’t delete this email as it contains the weblink to log in to your application form.
‣ Enter the database and complete the necessary steps of the online application.
‣ After completing the questionnaires in the application form, you will be requested to upload the application documents.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.