EUME Postdoctoral Fellowships for Scholars in and outside of Germany. The Berlin-based Forum Transregionale Studien is providing up to ten postdoctoral fellowships for scholars in and outside of Germany. Applications are open until 15th January 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at research institutions (Berlin Graduate School of Muslim Cultures and Societies, FU Berlin, Center for Middle Eastern and North African Politics, FU Berlin, Corpus Coranicum, Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities, Zentrum Moderner Orient, Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School of Literary Studies, FU Berlin, Institute for Islamic Studies, FU Berlin, Museum for Islamic Art and Seminar for Arabic Studies, FU Berlin) in Berlin | Germany
Level: Postdoctoral Research Programme
Field(s): EUME supports and builds upon the following interconnected research fields: Cities Compared: Urban Change in the Mediterranean and Adjacent Regions, Islamic Discourse Contested: Middle Eastern and European Perspectives, Perspectives on the Qur’an: Negotiating Different Views of a Shared History, Travelling Traditions: Comparative Perspectives on Near Eastern Literatures and Tradition and the Critique of Modernity:
Secularism, Fundamentalism and Religion from Middle Eastern Perspectives.
Deadline: 15th January 2014.
Funded By: The Berlin-based Forum Transregionale Studies
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):EUME Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted Scholars in and outside of Germany.
‣ Award No:10 postdoctoral fellowships will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: As a rule, the fellowships start on 1 October 2014 and will end on 31 July 2015.
‣ Scholarship covers: Postdoctoral fellows will receive a monthly stipend of 2.500 € plus supplement depending on their personal situation. Organisational support regarding visa, insurances, housing, etc. will be provided. Fellows are obliged to work in Berlin and to help shape the seminars and working discussions related to their research field.
EUME Postdoctoral Fellowships
‣ The Berlin-based Forum Transregionale Studien invites scholars to apply for up to ten postdoctoral fellowships for the research program Europe in the Middle East — The Middle East in Europe (EUME). EUME seeks to rethink key concepts and premises that link and divide Europe and the Middle East.
‣ The program draws on the international expertise of scholars in and outside of Germany and is embedded in university and extra-university research institutions in Berlin.
‣ It supports historical-critical philology, rigorous engagement with the literatures of the Middle East and their histories, the social history of cities and the study of Middle Eastern political and philosophical thought (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, and secular) as central fields of research not only for area or cultural studies, but also for European intellectual history and other academic disciplines. The program explores modernity as a historical space and conceptual frame.
‣ The EUME Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended primarily for scholars of art history, history, literature, philology, political philosophy, political science, religion and sociology who want to carry out their research projects in connection with the Berlin program.
‣ Applicants should be at the postdoctoral level and should have obtained their doctorate within the last seven years.
‣ Fellows gain the opportunity to pursue research projects of their own choice within the framework of one of the above-mentioned research fields and in relation to the overall program ‘Europe in the Middle East – the Middle East in Europe’.
‣ The application should be submitted by e-mail (eume-at-trafo-berlin.de) as four separate word documents or PDF files in English.
‣ An application should be made in explicit relation to one of the research fields and consist of
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th January 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Fellowships, germany, International, Postdoctoral, research