ESSO Training Fellowships in Surgical Oncology for International Fellows , and applications are submitted till 31st October 2017. The Education & Training Committee of ESSO offers training fellowships in Surgical Onclogy to young surgical oncologistists around the world in the host institute of their choice. Fellowship is available for clinical training or research training. Two types of fellowships are granted each year: up to 10 Standard training fellowships worth of 2.000 EUR from 1 to 3 months and 1 major training fellowship worth of 10.000 EUR from 6 to 12 months. The traineeship period should occur within one year. European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-European applicants must choose to visit a European centre. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-European applicants must choose to visit a European centre.
Level: Fellowship is available for clinical training or research training to young surgical oncologistists in the host institute of their choice.
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded in the field of Surgical Oncology. Course Level: Fellowship is available for clinical training or research training to young surgical oncologistists in the host institute of their choice.
Deadline: 31st October 2017
Funded By: European Society of Surgical Oncology, Belgium
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ESSO Training Fellowships is targeted for both European and non-European citizens
‣ Award No: The Education and Training Committee grants two types of fellowships each year: up to 10 Standard training fellowships and 1 major training fellowship.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The traineeship period should occur within one year. Standard training fellowships duration is from 1 to 3 months and 6 to 12 months for major training fellowship.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of Standard training fellowships is 2.000 EUR and 10.000 EUR for major training fellowship.
‣ The ESSO Education Committee offers a number of ESSO Training Fellowships to support trainees in Surgical Oncology.
‣ The aim is to allow young surgeons to visit a specialist centre outside of their own country, expand their experience and learn new techniques.
‣ These fellowships are competitive and applicants require support from the Head of their own department as well as from the Head of the department they wish to visit.
‣ Applicants must be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specialising in a sub-specialty of surgical oncology (breast, upper GI, hepatobiliary and pancreatic, colorectal, endocrine, head and neck, thoracic, skin cancer and melanoma, gynaecology, urology, sarcoma).
‣ Applicants must be or become ESSO members before the start date of the award.
‣ Applicants must be younger than 40 years of age.
‣ Both European and non-European citizens can apply. European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-European applicantsmust choose to visit a European centre.
‣ Previous Fellowship recipients will be ineligible to apply for a second award.
‣ Please send back your application form duly completed and all supporting documents by post or via e-mail (ana.galan-at-essoweb.org).
‣ Applications must be submitted in English only and include the following information:
• A completed curriculum vitae application form
• A motivation letter describing the applicant’s area of interest, research plan and reasons behind the visit
• A letter of support from their Head of Department
• A letter of invitation from the Head of the Department they wish to visit
• A proposal budget sheet estimating how the funds will be spent
All documents must be sent to ESSO Secretariat in a single PDF document.
When to apply?
Next Application deadline: 31st October 2017
Please click here to access the host hospital/institutions/cancer centres registry.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st October 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.