ESED Scholarships in Sustainable Energy Development for Developing Countries, and applications are submitted till March 7, 2014. Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership annually awards E S E D scholarships for pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development. These scholarships are open to the citizens of a developing country or territory identified for official OECD development aid in the DAC list of ODA recipients. Up to ten Masters scholarships will be awarded for up to two years. The value of scholarship is US$ 23,000 per year. It is preferable that the candidate pursues her/his studies in a university outside his home country. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | All universities are eligible for the ESED scholarship. It is preferable that the candidate pursues her/his studies in a university outside his home country.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in areas directly related to sustainable energy development.
Deadline: March 7, 2014.
Funded By: The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ESED Scholarships are targeted for Students of Afghanistan, Côte d’Ivoire, Albania, *Anguilla, Angola, Ghana, Algeria, Antigua, Barbuda, Bangladesh, Kenya, Armenia, Argentina, Benin, Korea, Dem. Rep., Azerbaijan, Barbados, Bhutan, Kyrgyz Rep., Bolivia, Belarus, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belize, Burundi, Pakistan, Cameroon, Botswana, Cambodia, Papua New Guinea, Cape Verde, Brazil, Central African Rep., Tajikistan, China, Chile, Chad, Uzbekistan, Colombia, Cook Islands, Comoros, Vietnam, Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Congo Dem. Rep., Zimbabwe, Dominican Republic, Croatia, Djibouti, Ecuador, Cuba, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Dominica, Eritrea, El Salvador, Fiji, Ethiopia, Former Yugoslav, Republic of Macedonia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Grenada,
Guinea, Guatemala, Jamaica, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Kazakhstan, Haiti, Honduras, Lebanon, Kiribati, India, Libya, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia, Lesotho, Iran, Mauritius, Liberia, Iraq, *Mayotte, Madagascar, Jordan, Mexico, Malawi, Kosovo, Montenegro, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Montserrat, Mali, Micronesia, Federated States Nauru, Mauritania, Moldova, Oman, Mozambique, Mongolia, Palau, Myanmar, Morocco, Panama, Nepal, Namibia, Serbia, Niger, Nicaragua, Seychelles, Rwanda, Niue, South Africa, Samoa, Palestinian Administered Areas, St. Helena São Tomé and Príncipe, Paraguay, St. Kitts-Nevis Senegal, Peru, St. Lucia, Sierra Leone, Philippines, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Somalia, Swaziland, Trinidad and Tobago, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Tanzania, Thailand, Uruguay, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Venezuela, Togo, Tonga, Tuvalu, Tunisia, Uganda, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu, Ukraine, Yemen, Wallis and Futuna and Zambia.
‣ Award No: Up to ten Masters scholarships will be awarded annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration: It is applicable for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Masters level students.
‣ The purpose of the ESED Scholarships in Sustainable Energy Development is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
Have what it takes to avail ESED Scholarships in Sustainable Energy Development? An ESED scholarship applicant must:
‣ be a citizen of a developing country or territory identified for official OECD development aid in the DAC list of ODA recipients effective as of 2010;
‣ have graduated among the top 20% of her/his class;
‣ have chosen a study programme directly related to Sustainable Energy Development (i.e. with a high focus on renewable energy and/or the power sector in general); and
‣ possess a letter of acceptance provided by an academic institution for the 2014-15 academic year, or is at least able to provide evidence that the academic institution of choice is considering the candidate’s application for admission.
‣ Selected applicants will be posted on the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership website within 6 to 8 weeks after the deadline.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The ESED Masters Scholarship deadline is March 7, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like