ESA Foundation Awards Scholarships or USA women and minority students.Applications are open until March 1 and May 15 for the following academic year. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Acredited four-year colleges and universities across America | USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): Computer & Video Game Arts ( video game-related degrees)
Deadline: March 1 and May 15 for the following academic year.
Funded By: The Entertainment Software Association (ESA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):ESA Foundation award program is targeted for USA women and minority students.
‣ Award No: 30 women and minority students.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each recipient will receive $3,000 for their academic endeavors in various fields including game design and development, simulation arts and sciences, game art and animation, visual effects, computer science and engineering, and graphic design.
‣ The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) announced that the ESA Foundation has awarded scholarships to 30 women and minority students currently pursuing video game-related degrees in the 2013-2014 academic year.
‣ The recipients are students currently enrolled full-time at accredited four-year colleges and universities across America.
‣ "These exceptional students represent the future of digital entertainment," said Michael D. Gallagher, president and CEO of ESA, the trade association that represents U.S. computer and video game publishers.
‣ "They will bring diversity, innovation, and growth to our dynamic industry.
‣ We are proud to support their pursuit of critical 21st century skills that will undoubtedly put them on a path toward professional success."
‣ This year's recipients attend 25 schools across 16 states including California Polytechnic State University, Champlain College, DePaul University, DigiPen Institute of Technology, Indiana State University, Johns Hopkins University, Parsons School of Design, Rochester Institute of Technology, University of Idaho, University of Pennsylvania and University of Washington.
‣ Each recipient will receive $3,000 for their academic endeavors in various fields including game design and development, simulation arts and sciences, game art and animation, visual effects, computer science and engineering, and graphic design.
To avail ESA Foundation award program , applicants must be:
‣ Women or minority students,
‣ Pursuing degrees leading to careers in computer and video game arts (high school seniors must already be accepted into a program),
‣ Enrolling or enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States,
‣ Maintaining a grade point average of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent), and
‣ US citizens.
‣ This scholarship program is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc.
‣ To apply, please visit
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on March 1 and May 15 for the following academic year.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like