ERC Consolidator Research Grants for International Applicants, and applications are submitted till 20th May 2014. European Research Council (ERC) is offering Consolidator Research Grants for the researchers of any nationality who intend to conduct their research activity in any EU Member State or Associated Country. Consolidator Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 2.000.000 for a period of 5 years with a possible additional of 750.000 EUR. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | In an EU Member State or Associated Country as a legal entity created under national law, or it may be an International European Interest Organisation (such as CERN, EMBL, etc.), the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) or any other entity created under EU law. Any type of legal entity, public or private, including universities, research organisations and undertakings can host Principal Investigators and their teams.
Level: Research Positions
Field(s): Physical Sciences & Engineering, Life Sciences and Social Sciences & Humanities.
Deadline: 20th May 2014.
Funded By: The European Research Council (ERC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ERC Consolidator Research Grants are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Grants are offered for the period of 5 Years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Consolidator Research Grants offers maximum of EUR 2 000 000 for a period of 5 years. However, up to an additional EUR 750 000 can be requested in the proposal to cover (a) eligible “start-up” costs for Principal Investigators moving to the EU or an Associated Country from elsewhere as a consequence of receiving the ERC grant and/or (b) the purchase of major equipment and/or (c) access to large facilities.
‣ European Research Council (ERC) is offering ERC Consolidator Research Grants for the researchers of any nationality who intend toconduct their research activity in any EU Member State or Associated Country.
‣ Consolidator Grants are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they may still be consolidating their own independent research team or programme.
‣ These Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 2.000.000 for a period of 5 years with a possible additional of 750.000 EUR.
‣ Principal Investigators may be of any age and nationality and may reside in any country in the world at the time of the application.
‣ Consolidator and Advanced Grant proposals are submitted by the Principal Investigator who has scientific responsibility for the project, on behalf of the host institution.
‣ There are specific eligibility criteria for a Principal Investigator applying to the Starting or Consolidator Grants based on the date of award of his/her first PhD (or equivalent doctoral degree).
‣ This “streaming” allows applicants to be compared with researchers of a similar level.
‣ For all ERC frontier research grants, excellence is the sole criterion of evaluation.
‣ It will be applied to the evaluation of both the research project and the Principal Investigator in conjunction.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online. http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/funding/index.html
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20th May 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.