Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarships in Mathematical Modelling (MathMods), and applications are submitted till January 31, 2015. Applications are invited for Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarships in the area of Mathematical Modelling (MathMods) available for both European and non-European students. MathMods is a two-year program which can be taken within University of L’Aquila in Italy (UAQ), Autonomous University of Barcelona in Catalonia (UAB), University of Hamburg in Germany (UHH),Gdansk University of Technology in Poland (GUT) and University of Nice- Sophia Antipolis in France (UNSA). These scholarships amount to a maximum of EUR 48,000.00 to cover the two-year expenses and are granted to the most promising applicants.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy, Spain, Germany, Poland and France
Level: 2-year Joint Master Degree programme
Field(s): Selected applicants will join a European MSc in mathematical modelling (MathMods).
Deadline: January 31, 2015.
Funded By: European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarships in Mathematical Modelling is targeted for Non- European and European students
‣ Award No: More than 10 scholarships are available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These scholarships cover the two-year expenses.
‣ Scholarship covers: These scholarships amount to a maximum of EUR 48,000.00 to cover the two-year expenses and are granted to the most promising applicants.
‣ MathMods is a two-year (120 ECTS) Joint Master of Science (MSc) Degree programme run by 5 European universities, which aim to provide students with a cross cultural education while they get acquainted with both theory and applications of mathematical modelling in engineering.
‣ SeveralErasmus Mundus MSc Scholarships in Mathematical Modelling are offered by the European Commission to both non- European and European students.
‣ These scholarships amount to a maximum of EUR 48,000.00 to cover the two-year expenses and are granted to the most promising applicants.
‣ Applicants must have obtained a recognized Bachelor’s Degree (BS, BSc, SB, etc.) or a degree at the level of a Bachelor’s Degree, for instance its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of high standing, or 180 ECTS credits in the European system in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering with a large background in Mathematics.
‣ All applicants whose native language is not English are required to prove a satisfactory level of spoken and written English, certified by TOEFL (550 points), IELTS (6.0 points) or equivalent.
‣ EM scholarships are awarded to the most talented applicants who will be full-time students enrolled on the MathMods MSc course, based on the evaluation made by the MathMods Evaluation Committee:
Category A: includes applicants who meet all the requirements below:
Category B:includes European students as well as students who do not fulfil the criteria for Category A.
Windows: Additional Category-A and Category-B scholarships will be awarded to applicants coming from specific geographical regions.
Selection Criteria for Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarships in Mathematical Modelling
‣ The Consortium will establish an Evaluation Committee, made up of five members, one for each partner institution.
‣ Each member will evaluate each application firstly by themselves, through the MathMods online database, and then during one meeting (at least) along with all the other members of the Committee.
Notification for Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarships in Mathematical Modelling
‣ The Evaluation Committee will meet three times:
‣ Applications are submitted till via online.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application deadline category A and windows is January 31, 2015. Applications for category B will close on 15 February 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.