Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships. Applications are invited for Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in the field of Earthquake Engineering and/or Engineering Seismology for 2014/15 academic year. Application must be submitted by January 24, 2014 for Category A and Category B scholarship and 28th of April 2014 for Consortium scholarship. Let's Dive in to the full details. You ready? Here it is ...
School(Institutions/ Country): Institute for Advanced Study/University of Pavia – ROSE School, Italy, University of Grenoble Joseph Fourier, France, University of Patras, Greece and Middle East Technical University, Turkey.
Level: Master's Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of Earthquake Engineering and/or Engineering Seismology.
Deadline: Application must be submitted by January 24, 2014 for Category A and Category B scholarship and 28th of April 2014 for Consortium scholarship.
Funded By: European Commission under the framework of the Erasmus Mundus programme and MEEES Consortium
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships is targeted for applicants in (Category A for Third World excluding EU and EEA-EFTA states, Category B for applicants not eligible to the Category A scholarship and Consortium scholarship for any nationality. From 2014/15 academic year, Western Balkans &Turkey (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina), Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Syria, Tunisia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine can also apply for category A.
‣ Award No: Number of award(s): The European Commission will finance about 4 Category A scholarships(Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships for applicants coming from any third-country.
In addition, probably 1 scholarship for each geographic area will be available. The European Commission will finance about 4 Category B scholarships for the academic year 2014-15.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be awarded for 18-months study programme.
‣ Scholarship covers: Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships ranging from €15,000 to 38,000 are available to applicants from all nationalities. -Category A scholarships: This scholarship type is available only to those who qualify as third-country nationals, according to the definition of the European Commission. MSc in Earthquake Engineering (18 months): 38,000€ (Euro) MSc in Engineering Seismology (18 months): 38,000€ (Euro) MSc in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (18 months): 38,000€ (Euro) -Category B scholarships: This scholarship type is available to European applicants. MSc in Earthquake Engineering (18 months): 15,000€ (Euro) MSc in Engineering Seismology (18 months): 15,000€ (Euro) MSc in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (18 months): 15,000€ (Euro) -Consortium Scholarship: This scholarship type is available to applicants of any nationality, with selection preference being however given to non-third-country nationals. -MSc in Earthquake Engineering (18 months): 15,000€ (Euro) -MSc in Engineering Seismology (18 months): 15,000€ (Euro) -MSc in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (18 months): 15,000€ (Euro) It is also worth noting that students are expected to make use of the scholarship to cover for tuition fees, living expenses and travelling costs (necessary to reach the Institutions of study). In other words, all incurred costs are under the direct responsibility of the student.
‣ The MEEES programme is an Erasmus Mundus Masters ( Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships ) Course that aims to provide higher-level education in the field of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology.
‣ Graduate students involved in this Erasmus Mundus Masters course have the possibility of following a 18-months MSc programmes on either Earthquake Engineering or Engineering Seismology.
‣ In addition, the proposed EM Masters course envisages also the possibility of students following a 18-month study programme that leads to the attainment of a Masters degree on Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology.
‣ Three types of scholarships are available within the scope of the MEEES programme: Category A Scholarships, Category B Scholarships and Consortium Scholarship.
Have what it takes to avail Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships ?
‣ The Category A Scholarship is directly sponsored by the European Commission, under the scope of its Eramus Mundus programme and is available to third-country applicants.
‣ In order to qualify as a third-country national, applicants must: not be a national from any of the EU Member States: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, the UK, Sweden, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia not be a national from any of the EEA-EFTA states: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway not be a resident on any of the above countries not have carried out their main activities (studies, training, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years (until 28 February 2013) in any of the above countries.
‣ It is noted that for the 2014/2015 Academic Year dedicated geografical windows will probably be opened by the European Commission which will allow students to apply for dedicated Category A Scholarships.
‣ These windows should be: Western Balkans &Turkey window (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo – this designation is without prejudice to positions on status and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the IJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence as well as Turkey) ENPI South window (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Syria, Tunisia) ENPI East window (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine).
‣ The Category B scholarship(Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships), directly sponsored by the European Commission, is open to applicants who are not eligible to the Category A scholarship.
‣ The Consortium scholarship, on the other hand, is funded by the MEEES Consortium and is open to students of any nationality, without exceptions.
‣ To be eligible for a scholarship directly sponsored by the European Commission, i.e. a Category A or a Category B Scholarships, the scholarship holder must study in countries different form the country in which he/she has obtained his/her last university degree.
‣ This means e.g. that a student who obtained his/her last degree in Italy is not allowed to study at the ROSE School if he/she is receiving a Category A or a Category B scholarship.
‣ Candidates are informed and agree that if they are selected (proposed for a scholarship, put on the reserve list, or enrolled on a self paying basis) their data may be used for the purposes of evaluating the Erasmus Mundus Programme and will be made available to the EACEA Agency, the EM National Structures, the EU Delegations and the Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Associations, acting as stakeholders of the programme.
‣ The MEEES (Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships) Admissions Board will assess all admissions in February 2014, afterwards it will send the scholarships list to the European Commission for final approval.
‣ It is expected that the final results of the selection process will be available by the end of May 2014 (for Category A and B scholarships) and by the end of June 2014 (for Consortium scholarships and admissions without scholarship).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Through the online application procedure, applicants must provide electronic copies of the following documents:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application deadline for Category A scholarship and Category B scholarship is 24th of January 2014 and for a Consortium scholarship is 28th of April 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
‣ Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Scholarship Tags: 2014, College, Engineering, Featured, France, Greence, International, Italy, Master, Scholarship, Turkey