Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship for European students and Non European students. Erasmus Mundus is funding two years masters scholarship-IT4BI at Free University of Brussels (ULB) in Belgium, University of Tours (UFRT) in France, Ecole Centrale Paris (ECP) in France, Technical University of Catalonia (UPC) in Spain and Technical University of Berlin (TUB) in Germany. Applications are open until December 15th, 2013. Let's dive in to full details. You ready? Here it is...
School(Institutions/ Country): Free University of Brussels (ULB) in Belgium, University of Tours (UFRT) in France, Ecole Centrale Paris (ECP) in France, Technical University of Catalonia (UPC) in Spain and Technical University of Berlin (TUB) in Germany.
Level: Master's Degree
Field(s): Information Technology for Business Intelligence.
Deadline: December 15th, 2013.
Funded By: Erasmus Mundus
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship is targeted for European students and Non European students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2 years
‣ Scholarship covers: The Erasmus Mundus programme provides EU-funded scholarships to students who have been selected by the consortia.
Two categories of scholarships are available:
Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship
‣ The application session for 2014-2016, starts from September 9th, 2013 onwards. Candidates are required to apply via the IT4BI online application form.
‣ Importantly, Category B students currently on their last year of Bachelor can submit their application even if they have not yet their diploma.
‣ If they are selected they need to submit their diploma and final grades for the last year not later than June 30th, 2014.
‣ Candidates are informed that their personal data will be sent to the Agency and may be used by other bodies involved in the management of Erasmus Mundus (i.e. European Commission, Erasmus Mundus National Structures, EU Delegations, Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Association) for facilitating the student/doctoral candidate access to the joint programme.
‣ The Erasmus Mundus programme provides EU-funded scholarships to students who have been selected by the consortia.
Have what it takes to avail Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship,
‣ To apply to IT4BI, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria: They have been awarded a Bachelor’s degree (i.e., the equivalent of 180 ECTS) with a major in computer science, from an accredited university.
‣ They must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
‣ The consortium will rely on how certification bodies evaluate their own equivalences against this framework, e.g., Cambridge General English FCE, IELTS (Academic) 5.5, TOEFL (paper based) 570, TOEFL (computer based) 230, TOEFL (internet based) 88, etc. Please refer to the FAQ for questions regarding proof of proficiency in English.
‣ Domain of the bachelor: Points will be assigned proportional to the percentage of Computer Science credits in the curriculum.
‣ Academic results: This will be calculated as the weighted average of the marks in the different subjects.
‣ Other studies: A second bachelor or master will score depending on the obtained credits in computer science. Extra-curricular courses taken will be scored based on lecturing hours taking.
‣ Professional experience: Points will be given by year of work on IT or BI position (regarding the position held and the topic).
‣ Personal project: Points will be assigned based on the following categories: organization, sequencing, content, vocabulary and word choice, critical thinking, originality and creativity, accuracy of facts.
‣ Reference letters: Points will be assigned based on the approval, comments and reputation of the referees, as testified by the reference letters and the referees’ H-factor.
‣ The scholarship will be formally confirmed in May 2014. Selected candidates will be notified after validation of the consortium selection proposal by the European Commission.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online
‣ Scholarship applications are due on 15th December 2013
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
‣ Erasmus Scholarships