Erasmus Mundus DREAM Project Scholarship , and applications are submitted till 31 October, 2014.Applications are invited for DREAM project scholarships available for students from ACP countries and staff members to undertake a mobility period or full degree in some of the best universities in Europe.Whereas the mobility flows foreseen from Europe to partner institutions in the ACP Countries, are available only for academic and administrative staff. Applicants must be a national of one of the eligible ACP countries and must have not resided nor have carried out their main activity for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Europe or ACP Countries (only for academic and administrative staff)
Level: masters, and doctoral mobility (degree-seeking and non-degree seeking), teaching and administrative activities in Europe.
Field(s): According to the Guidelines of the Erasmus Mundus DREAM Project Scholarship Programme, the mobility flows within the scope of this Project are possible in the 16 study fields: Agriculture Sciences, Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Art and Design, Business Studies, Management Science, Education, Teacher Training, Engineering, Technology, Geography, Geology, Humanities, Languages and Philological Sciences, Law, Mathematics, Informatics, Medical Sciences, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Communication and Information Sciences and other areas of study. The final selection will prioritize those areas considered as most important for each institution and country. It does not mean, though, that applicants from the other eligible areas mentioned above may not be selected.
Deadline: 31 October, 2014,
Funded By: European Commission (through the Erasmus Mundus Programme)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Erasmus Mundus DREAM Project Scholarship is targeted for applicants from ACP countries:Cameroon, Central African, Republic, Chad, Equatorial, Guinea, Gabon, Republic of Congo, São Tomé and Príncipe, Burundi, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia,
Swaziland, Tanzania, Benin, Burkina Faso Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Fiji, Cook Islands, Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu can apply for this DREAM project scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: For ACP candidates: Master -the duration of a Master mobility flow can be between 10 (one academic year) and 24 (two academic years) months, depending on the duration of studies; Doctorate (mobility – non-degree seeking)-the duration of a PhD mobility flow is of 10 months; Academic and Administrative Staff: The total duration of the mobility is of 1 month. -For EU candidates: Academic and Administrative Staff-the total duration of the mobility is of 1 month
‣ Scholarship covers: For ACP candidates: Master- monthly scholarship of 1.000 €; Doctorate (mobility – non-degree seeking)-monthly scholarship of 1.500 €.; Academic and Administrative Staff-2.500 € scholarship. EU candidates: For Academic and Administrative Staff-2.500 € scholarship Every selected applicant will also benefit from a two-way flight ticket and a health, accident and travel insurance valid during the entire mobility period.
‣ The DREAM Project (with financial support granted by the European Commission through the Erasmus Mundus Programme) grants scholarships to students from ACP countries and staff members to undertake a mobility period, or full degree, in some of the best universities in Europe.
‣ Erasmus Mundus DREAM Project Scholarship is available for master and doctorate students and also for staff members (academic and administrative) and include a monthly allowance, travel, insurance and tuition fees.
:In order to be eligible to apply to an DREAM scholarship, applicants need to fulfill a set of minimum requirements.
General criteria for all types of mobility:
‣ Must be a national of one of the eligible ACP countries;
‣ Must have not resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership (not applicable to staff nor Target Group 3 applicants);
‣ Must have not benefited in the past from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for the same type of mobility;
‣ Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries;
‣ Must respect the specific and additional criteria applicable to each type of mobility (master, doctorate, academic and administrative staff).
Specific criteria for each type of mobility:
‣ Master (full) (ACP countries > EU): Must have already completed their Bachelor’s course at an institution from an eligible ACP country on the moment of submitting the application.
‣ Master (mobility) (ACP countries > EU): Must be enrolled in the 1st year of a 2 year Master programme at one of the ACP Countries institutions (Target Group I and II applicants only).
‣ Doctorate (mobility) (ACP countries >EU): Must be enrolled in a Doctorate programme at one of the ACP Countries institutions (Target Group I and II applicants only) and must have already completed the 1st year of their course on the moment of submitting the application.
‣ Academic and Administrative Staff (both ways): Must work as a full time staff with one of the partner institutions.
‣ It is noteworthy to mention that in addition to these criteria there may be other defined internally by each partner institution of the project, so it is strongly recommended that the applicants prepare their application in close contact with the contact person of their institution, so as to obtain clear information about the specific eligibility criteria established either in their home institution (if applicable) or in the Host Institution which they intend to apply to.
Selection Criteria for Erasmus Mundus DREAM Project Scholarship
‣ Candidates are selected on the basis of academic merit, experience, motivation and work plan.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 October, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.