Rasmus Mundus doctoral program in Interactive and Cognitive Environments for the students of all nationality. Applications are invited for up to ten available PhD positions for Erasmus Mundus doctoral program in Interactive and Cognitive Environments (ICE). Applications are open until 13th January 2014. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Austria and UK
Level: Positions are open for pursuing PhD degree at ICE partner universities: University of Genoa (UNIGE) in Italy, Eindhoven University of Technology (TUE) in Netherlands, Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) Spain, University of Klagenfurt (UNIKLU) in Austria, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) in UK
Field(s): Erasmus Mundus doctoral program in Interactive and Cognitive Environments are available for doctoral program in Interactive and Cognitive Environments (ICE). Research areas of interest are: Assistive technologies: Human-Computer Interaction, Pervasive Computing, Multimedia systems & simulation environments, Network-embedded systems: Pervasive Computing, Distributed Mobile systems, Multimedia Networks, People-inspired technologies: Human Computer Interaction, Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Systems, Data Mining, Design for social interaction: Adaptive systems, Autonomous systems, Aware environments and Multi-sensor surveillance: Cognitive Data Fusion, Machine Learning, Digital Signal Processing.
Deadline: 13th January 2014
Funded By: European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Erasmus Mundus doctoral program in Interactive and Cognitive Environments are open for the students of all nationality. Non-native English speaker candidates must attach evidence of English proficiency.
‣ Award No: Each year a variable number of fellowships will be offered according to the grants provided by Erasmus Mundus. For the first cohort ten positions have been opened.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These PhD positions are available up to three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Erasmus Mundus doctoral program in Interactive and Cognitive Environments will provide: Category A: 2.800 € (Gross salary as employment contract x month), 600 € (Laboratory-based activity contribution x month) and 7.500 € (Travel subsistence x grant). -Category B: 2.800 € (Gross salary as employment contract x month), 600 € (Laboratory-based activity contribution x month).
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
‣ The grants will be covered by the European Commission funds and students will be enrolled under a three year employment or fellowship contract leading to the acknowledgement of a joint or a double PhD title recognized by ICE partner universities which are: Università degli Studi di Genova (UNIGE), Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TUE), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt (UNIKLU), Queen Mary University of London (QMUL).
Erasmus Mundus doctoral program in Interactive and Cognitive Environments
‣ EMJD ICE consortium considers the countries listed below as countries of native speakers: Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Canada (except Quebec), Commonwealth Caribbean, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Grand Cayman, Islands, Grenada, Guyana, Irish Republic, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa (If Afrikaans is not, native language), St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tobago, Trinidad, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Virgin Islands, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
‣ The candidates coming from these countries are not required to attach any other evidence of English proficiency.
‣ In addition, candidates coming from any other country may be considered as native English speakers, if they have completed a Master’s program in a native English speaking country listed here: Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Gambia, India, Israel, Kiribati, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, Pakistan, Palau, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. In this case, attachment of Thesis is mandatory.
‣ candidates who have followed a degree programme fully taught in English in any other country, will be considered as native English speakers in case of submission of two mandatory documents: (1) an official certificate of the awarding university duly signed by a university representative stating that the official teaching language is English, and (2) the Master thesis written in English.
‣ The first list of successful applicants will be available around ten days after the expiry date of the call.
‣ Interview phase will start two days after the official communication of the first selection step list of successful applicants.
‣ The interview phase will last approximately one week so a negotiation concerning proposed date for interview is possible through a fast reply to the e-mail sent by the consortium.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 13th January 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like