Equity and Merit Scholarship for Tanzanian and Ugandan Students in UK , and applications are submitted till October 2014. University of Manchester is inviting application for Equity and Merit Scholarship available for the students from Tanzania and Uganda. Scholarships will be awarded to pursue distance learning MSc Human Resource Management and Development and MSc Management and Information Systems: Change and Development program. The Scholarship covers all tuition and examining fees and course material costs. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Manchester | UK
Level: Distance Learning Masters Degree Program
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in the following programmes within the The Institute of Development Policy and Management (IDPM): MSc Human Resource Management and Development and MSc Management and Information Systems: Change and Development.
Deadline: 10 October 2014.
Funded By: University of Manchester, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Equity and Merit Scholarship is targeted for Students of Tanzania and Uganda.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarships, established on an initiative of the President of the University, cover all tuition and examining fees and course material costs.
‣ The Institute of Development Policy and Management (IDPM) is a top destination for postgraduate students and offers an array of funding opportunities, including strategic use of our own resources.
‣ Equity and Merit Scholarship aim to assist talented but economically disadvantaged students from some of the world’s poorest countries.
‣ The scholarships, established on an initiative of the President of the University, cover all tuition and examining fees and course material costs.
You must meet certain essential criteria in order to be eligible to apply:
‣ Applicants must not have previously studied abroad (this includes studying by distance learning)
‣ Applicants must be a national and resident of Tanzania or Uganda
‣ At least two years’ work experience in Tanzania or Uganda in a relevant post is required
‣ Applicants must have a clear idea of how studying their chosen MSc will benefit their country
‣ A good first degree is required (minimum 2:1 or equivalent)
‣ Regular access to a computer and the internet is essential, including a valid and regularly-used e-mail address
‣ Applicants must have experience in using word-processing software
‣ Applicants must also meet the English language requirements for the programme: Tanzania National Examination English, grade C or above or Uganda Certificate of Education English, grade C or above
‣ Alternatively, the following English language test results are accepted: International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with a score of 6.5 overall with a 6.5 in writing and no less than 6.0 in the other subsections or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), internet-based test with a total score of 90, a score of 22 in writing and no less than 20 in the other subsections
‣ You do not need to apply for a place of study at the time of applying for the scholarship. Applications should be submitted online. Email SEED.em-at-manchester.ac.uk with your supporting documents.
‣ Please make sure you send this email from the email address you have provided on the scholarship application form and include your full name.
‣ The required documents are: Letters of recommendation from two referees, Copies of degree certificates and transcripts of previous study showing subjects and grades, Copy of English language qualification certificate (as above), Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Personal statement: This should be an original 1000 word essay which covers: How this course will contribute to your professional and personal development and how obtaining this degree will help you to contribute to the development of your own country.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10 October 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.