Engineering for Development Doctoral Scholarships in Switzerland and applications are open until 30 September 2014. ETH Zurich awards two doctoral scholarships per year with an amount of 175’000 CHF each. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland
Level: Doctoral Pogram.
Field(s): The research topic is innovative and relevant for development. The ecological, socio-economic and cultural context must be taken into account.
Deadline: 30 September 2014.
Funded By: ETH Zurich
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Engineering for Development Doctoral Scholarships are targeted for Students who meet the entrance requirements for doctoral studies at ETH Zurich.
‣ Award No: Two doctoral scholarships are offered per year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These doctoral scholarships are offered for three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: E4D scholarships cover up to CHF 175’000 each for a period of three years.
‣ The Engineering for Development Doctoral Scholarships promote doctoral research at ETH Zurich for the benefit of developing countries.
‣ The projects should be innovative and develop a method or product, which is directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of poor people in developing countries. The E4D scholarship programme aims at promoting the development of products or methods, which are directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of poor people in developing countries. It awards two doctoral fellowships per year with an amount of 175’000 CHF each.
Have what it taakes to avail Engineering for Development Doctoral Scholarships ?
Applications must fulfil the following requirements to be admitted to the selection process: The candidate:
‣ – The candidate must meet the entrance requirements for doctoral studies at ETH Zurich.
‣ He/she must have adequate experience in the selected research area.
The research project:
‣ The proposal is of high scientific quality.
‣ The research topic is innovative and relevant for development.
‣ The ecological, socio-economic and cultural context must be taken into account.
‣ Reasonable results can be expected in the given timeframe.
‣ The expected impact of the research is high for the intended target group.
‣ The selection committee evaluates the proposals based on these peer reviews and on their development relevance.
‣ The concept notes will be evaluated by the R4D selection committee in April 2014.
‣ The final selection of the full proposals will be in December 2014.
‣ All applicants will be informed about the decision of the selection committee in early 2015.
‣ The application procedure consists of two steps:
‣ In First step, the candidate must submit a concept note to ETH Global (Patricia Heuberger, patricia.heuberger-at-sl.ethz.ch).
‣ In second step, candidates whose concept notes have been accepted by the selection committee are invited to submit a full proposal. The proposal has to be submitted to ETH Global in electronic form.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 March 2014. The deadline for submitting a full proposal is 30 September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...