Employment Scholarship. The Irish Research Council is offering Employment-Based Postgraduate fellowship for suitably qualified applicants to pursue a postgraduate (master’s or PhD) degree in any discipline at HEI within Ireland while employed by an Employment Partner. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): |Ireland
Level: Master’s or PhD Degree
Field(s): for any one course offered by the university.
Deadline: 24 September 2013.
Funded By: The Irish Research Council
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Employment Scholarship is targeted Open for Irish students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for research masters Degree: 12 months -Structured Research Masters Degree: 24 months -Traditional Doctoral Degree: 36 months -Structured Doctoral Degree: 48 months
‣ Employment Scholarship covers: The maximum amount of the Scholarship Fund provided by the Council will be €24,000 in any approved year for the duration of the Scholarship.
‣ The HEI will retain one-third of the Scholarship Fund (e.g. where the Council awards a maximum fund of €24,000, the HEI would retain €8,000 of the funding provided by the Council) which will be allocated to cover:
‣ software and hardware critical for the research1 – to be obtained in the first year of the award; archival research 1 Apart from this exception, Scholarship funds must not be used to purchase capital items.
‣ The exact amount of eligible direct research expenses is subject to sufficient justification being made in the grant proposal up to a maximum of €2,250 per annum. Only vouched expenses incurred in actually carrying out the Research Project will be funded.
‣ The maximum amount of the Scholarship Fund that can be spent in any year of the Scholarship is €24,000, plus any unspent balance of eligible direct research support expenses carried over from the previous year of the Scholarship.
‣ Apart from this exception, funds may not be carried forward from one year to the next.
‣ No funds provided by the Council as part of the Employment Scholarship Fund may be used by the HEI to cover overhead or administrative costs.
‣ Funding will be provided only for the Research Project as presented in the application form and if any departures from this become apparent during the development of the Research Project the consent of the Council must be sought.
‣ Expenses that occur outside the Funding Term are not eligible under the Scholarship. - While Scholarship funding is awarded to the individual Scholar, the award will be administered through the appropriate office within the HEI.
‣ The Irish Research Council’s Employment-Based Postgraduate Programme( Employment Scholarship) is a new and exciting initiative providing postgraduate researchers with an employment-focused educational experience.
‣ More specifically, the Programme offers researchers the opportunity to undertake a Master’s or PhD degree while employed by a private company or public organization based in the Republic of Ireland.
To avail Employment Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Scholars are selected in accordance with the Council’s Postgraduate Scholarship application and assessment process.
‣ Scholars must fulfil the following criteria:
‣ at the time of application have been a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding.
‣ And in the case of Research Masters Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship;
‣ Doctoral Degree Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a Research Masters Degree;
‣ Scholars must be formally accepted by the HEI in line with its admissions policy and must be registered as a postgraduate student at the HEI for the award to commence.
‣ Scholars must be full-time students and during the Funding Term must exclusively spend all of his/her working time on the Research Project at Masters or PhD education level and Training & Career Development activities, as per the training & Career Development plan in Clause 6.3.
‣ The Scholar must spend between 30% and 50% of his/her time based in the HEI.
‣ Time spent in the HEI should include (but is not limited to):
‣ However, Scholars must:
‣ Applicants will be notified by late November 2013.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 24 September 2013.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Ireland, Postgraduate, Scholarship