EMMC Student Scholarships. Applications are invited for two years Master scholarships in Neuroscience at Bordeaux Segalen University, VU University Amsterdam, University Medical Center Göttingen, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, The University of Coimbra and Laval University. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Bordeaux Segalen University, VU University Amsterdam, University Medical Center Göttingen, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, The University of Coimbra and Laval University | Germany, France, Netherlands, Portugal and Canada
Level: Masters Degree
Deadline: December 5th 2013.
Funded By: European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for Candidates from all countries can apply for the Erasmus Mundus Master Program. Category B: EU Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and UK), Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein and Category A: Third Countries Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The European Master in Neuroscience is a two-year full-time program.
‣ Scholarship covers:
‣ Scholarships are open to higher education students from all over the world.
‣ Candidates should be fully aware of the financial costs of the programme, as at the time of the application there is no guarantee that they will be awarded an ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarship.
‣ Erasmus Mundus scholarships will be offered to the most appropriate candidates according to: the selection ranking AND the nationality rule set by the European Agency.
Category A scholarships should be considered as “full scholarships” covering all necessary costs of the student during his/her study period in Europe.
Category B scholarships have to be considered as a “financial contribution” to the student’s costs.
Candidates can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship to the Erasmus Mundus Action 1 joint program (EMMC) of their choice but:
‣ The number of applications must be limited to a maximum three different joint programs (E M M C and EMJD together);
‣ Individuals who have already benefited from an E M M C scholarship are not eligible for a second scholarship in order to follow the same or another E M M C ;
‣ Students benefiting from an EMMC scholarship cannot benefit from another Community grant while pursuing their Erasmus Mundus masters studies ;
‣ EMMC student scholarships are awarded exclusively for a full-time enrolment in one of the course editions.
Nationality rule: no more than two of the students selected for an Erasmus Mundus Master Course scholarship should have the same nationality.
Category A EMMC Student Scholarship:
‣ Eligible candidate: Any candidate who comes from a Third Country, who is not resident nor has carried out a main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months ove r the last five years in one of the country of the 27 EU Member States, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein (12-month rule).
Category B EMMC Student Scholarship:
‣ Eligible candidate: Any applicant who does not fulfil the Category A criteria defined above, i.e.:
‣ Candidates from the 27 EU Member States, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein -12 month rule Third Country candidates: any candidate who comes from a Third Country, who is resident or has carried out a main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the country of the 27 EU Member States, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein.
‣ Applications are reviewed and ranked according to the following criteria: academic grades, motivation, references and English proficiency.
‣ Candidates applying for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship: interviews will be performed between the last week of January and the first week of February.
‣ Official application results of the admission exercise are expected to be available in May.
‣ Applicants will be notified of the application results by email once it is available.
‣ Results will not be released through any telephone enquiries.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:Deadline to apply for a Scholarship: December 5th 2013 and Deadline to apply as Self-funded candidate: February 28th 2014.
You may also like