Emerge Scholarship Program is offered for women applicants in the USA. Resident and citizens of the USA (including Puerto Rico) and Foreign nationals with green card are eligible for this women scholarship but preference is given to the state of Georgia. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): An educational institution in the USA | USA
Level: This scholarship is for women to continue their further education at an educational institution in the USA.
Field(s): Any of the courses offered by the educational institution in the USA
Deadline: 31 October 2013.
Funded By: Emerge Inc
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Emerge Scholarship Program is targeted for students of USA . Foreign nationals living in the United States who have a green card and who plan to study within the United States may also apply.
‣ Award No: The exact amount of each scholarship and the total number of scholarships to be awarded will vary from year to year (13 scholarships were awarded in 2013).
‣ Scholarship covers: The money provided by the Emerge scholarship may only be used to pay for tuition and fees at the educational institution. The scholarship check will be made out directly to the institution with instructions to only apply the funds to the student’s current account to pay for school tuition and fees. If awarded, your scholarship funds will be available as of March 2014 and may be paid towards tuition, books and fees from that time until Fall 2018, or until the full scholarship funds are used. The approximate value of each award for 2014 will be $2,000 – $5,000 (amount is subject to change).
‣ The Emerge Scholarships Inc. (Emerge) scholarship program has awarded nearly a quarter of a million dollars in scholarships since its founding year, 2001.
‣ While each year hundreds of applicants apply for the scholarships, we are only able to recognize a small number of winners.
‣ The selection committee is focused on identifying special women – nontraditional students whose education was delayed or interrupted, individuals with a vision to succeed regardless of any obstacles that life has put in their way.
‣ We are especially interested in recognizing women who give back to their communities and whose goals and desires for education align with their passions.
‣ Additionally, preference is given to women who are pursuing their educational endeavors in the state of Georgia.
‣ This may include women who are returning to school after a hiatus, changing careers, seeking advancement in their career or work life, and stay-at-home moms entering the work place and in need of additional education/training.
‣ This scholarship is not intended for recent high school graduates or women who are eligible for or who have already received other significant financial aid.
To avail Emerge Scholarship Program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Scholarship applicants must be accepted into a program of study at an educational institution, as evidenced by a proof of acceptance – either an acceptance letter OR a current school transcript.
‣ be at least 25 years of age as of the date of the postmark of the application.
‣ be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, and/or physical impairment.
‣ are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information.
‣ will be evaluated based on the information provided; therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible.
‣ Incomplete applications will not be considered.
‣ Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on a number of criteria, including financial need, other funding received, career/life goals, essay content, leadership and participation in community activities, and honors and awards received.
‣ Please see the Additional Information section for detailed information on selection criteria and application requirements.
‣ Acceptance of a scholarship award constitutes permission for Emerge to use the recipient’s name, biographical information, and photo for publicity purposes.
‣ Recipients of scholarships will be responsible for any and all taxes that apply to receipt of a scholarship under the law of their state of residence.
‣ Emerge Scholarship Program Applicants should check with the appropriate state agency or with an accountant or lawyer specializing in tax questions.
‣ Emerge cannot answer questions about taxes -Board members of Emerge or employees of Emerge are not eligible for a receipt of a scholarship, nor are relatives of board members or employees of Emerge.
‣ Applicants for domestic scholarships must be a current resident of the United States (including Puerto Rico), or a U.S. citizen living abroad who is applying for study at an educational facility located within the United States.
‣ Foreign nationals living in the United States who have a green card and who plan to study within the United States may also apply.
‣ Emerge does not award scholarships for study outside of the United States.
‣ Emerge provides international scholarships for study under the auspices of educational institutions and organizations that are equipped to properly screen and sponsor students who do not reside in the United States.
‣ Emerge Scholarship Program is awarded only to international students who will be studying at educational facilities located within the United States.
‣ At this time they do not accept direct applications from international students; students will be referred to us by the institutions and organizations that will sponsor them.
Eligibility Criteria for Emerge Scholarship Program:
‣ The primary selection criteria the committee will consider are:
Notification: Recipients will be announced by December 20, 2013.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post. U.S. mail, UPS, FedEx or other postal service
‣Scholarship applications for 2014 awards will be accepted from June 1, 2013 to October 31, 2013.
‣All application packages must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2013. Emailed applications and incomplete applications will not be considered.
‣ Mail your application to:
Emerge Scholarships, Inc.
3525 Piedmont Road
Building Five, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30305
You may also like