Emerald MSc Studentship at King’s College London in UK, and applications are submitted till 30 April 2014. King’s College London is offering Emerald MSc studentship for students of Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria, Nepal, India and Ethiopia. This MSc studentship is being awarded by the EMERALD project in order to build capacity in mental health system delivery and performance in EMERALD countries. Applicants must have relevant professional experience in the field of public health. The overall value of MSc Studentship is £35860 (£22660 for fees + £13200 for living costs). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): King’s College London | UK
Level: Masters Degree
Field(s): Studentship is awarded in the field of Global Mental Health at King’s College London
Deadline: 30 April 2014.
Funded By: EMERALD
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Emerald MSc Studentship is targeted for Students of Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria, Nepal, India, Ethiopia.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Overall value of this MSc Studentship is £35860 (£22660 for fees + £13200 for living costs).
‣ This Emerald MSc Studentship is being awarded by the EMERALD project in order to build capacity in mental health system delivery and performance in EMERALD countries (Ethiopia, India, Nepal, Nigeria, South Africa and Uganda).
‣ Overall, the EMERALD project aims to improve mental health outcomes in low- and middle-income countries by generating the evidence and capacity to enhance health system performance, thereby providing more and better mental health care in these countries.
‣ It aims to do so by identifying the key health system barriers to, and the solutions for, the scaled-up delivery of mental health services in low- and middle-income countries, and by doing so may improve mental health outcomes in a fair and efficient way.
‣ Only candidates from one of the participating countries within the EMERALD project will be considered (Ethiopia, India, Nepal, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda);
‣ A good to very good overall mark in a health-related undergraduate degree (equivalent in standard to a British Bachelor 2:1 honours degree); or registrable qualification in medicine, appropriate to the programme; or appropriate technical qualification;
‣ Relevant professional experience in the field of public health;
‣ English language requirements: 7.0 overall for IELTS, at least 7.0 for written English, at least 6.0 for other skills;
‣ Commitment by candidate for his/her dissertation to be conducted within the scope of the EMERALD project;
‣ Commitment by candidate to work for at least a two-year period in their country directly following completion of the MSc course;
‣ Desirable: Background in mental health related field desirable;
‣ For candidates from Ethiopia, people working in government universities or institutions will be prioritized over those working in NGOs or the private sector;
‣ For candidates from India, people working in autonomous organizations or NGOs will be prioritized over those working in government universities or institutions.
‣ Successful applicants will be notified by 15th May 2014.
Applicants must complete:
‣ Online application form at KCL for MSc in Global Mental Health(application assessed by two academics).
‣ A separate application form for EMERALD studentship.
‣ A potential in-country supervisor should be specified on the application form, together with a brief proposal for their dissertation (this should be agreed between the candidate and the potential supervisor prior to application).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 April 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.