EITM Certification Scholarships for applicants currently enrolled in a graduate program in Political Science or a related field and applications are open until February 3, 2014. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): EITM summer institutes. | USA
Field(s): Political Science or a related field
Deadline: February 3, 2014
Funded By: EITM summer institutes.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarships are targeted for applicants currently enrolled in a graduate program in Political Science or a related field
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Each scholarship will cover tuition for up to two four-week sessions of the next ICPSR Summer Program at the University of Michigan (this call for applications will cover ICSPR tuition for the summer of 2014).
‣ Scholarship covers: 5 EITM Certification Scholarships available
‣ Over the past decade, hundreds of graduate students in political science have participated in EITM summer institutes.
‣ These institutes are held at universities across the country, and improve participants' ability to address a wide range of important research questions. Participants emerge from EITM summer institutes better able to leverage interactions between theoretical models that clarify relevant logical relationships and empirical endeavors that clarify critical implications of observation and data.
‣ To expand the pool of students who can benefit from what EITM has to offer, the EITM Certification Scholarships provide funds for students to attend classes at the ICPSR Summer Program. An EITM Scholarship is not required to attend an EITM Institute, instead it is a completely new way to benefit from EITM.
Scholarships are a key part of the new program. Every year, EITM will select a minimum of five students to receive EITM C Scholarships.
‣ Each scholarship will cover tuition for up to two four-week sessions of the next ICPSR Summer Program at the University of Michigan (this call for applications will cover ICSPR tuition for the summer of 2014).
‣ For scholarship winners who take two ICPSR classes per session, the scholarship will cover tuition for four ICPSR classes.
‣ To be eligible for an EITM Certification Scholarships, you must be currently enrolled in a graduate program in Political Science or a related field.
‣ In addition, you must have completed at least one year of coursework in your graduate program by June 2014.
‣ We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in math and science and/or underrepresented in previous EITM Summer
‣ We are also interested in receiving applications from individuals who are studying or working at institutions where coursework in statistical inference and formal modeling is not regularly offered.
The following materials are required:
1. An unofficial transcript showing classes taken and available grades from your graduate education. Undergraduate transcripts will not be accepted. Those offered a scholarship will be required to submit official transcripts.
2. An essay of 250-1000 words explaining how receipt of an EITM Certification Scholarship and participation in EITM Summer Institutes can benefit your research agenda. The essay must name the specific classes you will take at ICPSR and relate the content of these classes to the research objectives stated in the essay.
3. A copy of your C.V.
4. Letters of recommendation from three faculty members with whom you have taken classes or with whom you have engaged in research-related activities.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 5:00PM EST on 3 February 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like