Eisenhower Fellowships for African Applicants in USA, and applications are submitted till June 8, 2017. Applications are invited for Eisenhower Fellowship available for individuals who have a demonstrated track record of significant professional and community achievements and who seek to tackle big challenges in the future. Eisenhower Fellowships seeks a diverse mix of applicants, ages 32-45, from a wide range of professional sectors. EF provides a unique leadership development opportunity for individuals who have a demonstrated track record of significant professional and community achievements and who seek to tackle big challenges in the future. Competitive candidates articulate goals for the fellowship program and propose steps to achieve them. EF seeks ascendant leaders who are committed to making the world more peaceful, prosperous and just, and who are committed to a lifelong engagement with EF’s network of nearly 1,500 active leaders around the world. This is a seven week fellowship program will take place from APRIL 2 - MAY 17, 2018 GLOBAL PROGRAM in USA. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: This is a seven week fellowship program.
Field(s): Fellow receives an intensive, individually-designed program in his or her professional field.
Deadline: June 8, 2017
Funded By: Eisenhower Fellowships is a private, non-profit, non-partisan organization created in 1953 by a group of prominent American citizens to honor President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Eisenhower Fellowships are targeted for Candidates from the seven countries: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania and Zimbabwe can apply to Eisenhower Fellowships.
(Candidates from other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa will be considered if they have a track record of regional impact and are nominated by a member of the Africa Leadership Steering Committee or a member of the Eisenhower Fellowships’ global network).
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowships will be run from APRIL 2 - MAY 17, 2018 GLOBAL PROGRAM
‣Value of Scholarship :
‣ Each year, Eisenhower Fellowships’ Global Program seeks diverse, dynamic doers to join its influential global network of nearly 1,500 active Fellows. This nationwide application process is highly competitive, with an average selection rate of 10-15% each year. We seek ambitious, disciplined rising leaders with the vision to make the world a better place as well as the ability to create and implement a concrete plan to make that vision a reality post-fellowship. Fellows represent all professional sectors – private, public and nonprofit – and hail from any number of careers, from journalism to the military to higher education to private corporations to the theater and beyond. What all Fellows share, regardless of their professional background or nationality, is a desire to make meaningful positive change in the world in collaboration with peers across sectors and borders. Successful candidates are eager to leverage the global network of Eisenhower Fellowships and engage, over their lifetime as an Eisenhower Fellow, in constructive projects and initiatives designed to enhance the values of Eisenhower Fellowships: peace, prosperity and justice.
The Global Eisenhower Fellowship is aimed at mid-career leaders who have a demonstrated track record of accomplishment as well as the potential to go further and beyond their chosen field. Typically, Fellows range between 32 and 45 years of age at the time of fellowship. This age range has proven to be most amenable to the fellowship experience, with Fellows having attained the maturity to take advantage of the program and represent Eisenhower Fellowships abroad, as well as draw upon the experience to catapult them forward as thought leaders and influencers for years to come. Applications received from candidates outside of this age range will be considered, but their likelihood of selection is less. Eisenhower Fellowships only accepts individual applications, and does not support fellowship programs for couples/partners. EF does not support dissertation research or research while the candidate is still in school. Fellowships cannot be used to solicit funds or function as an extended business trip.
Before beginning the application, it is recommend that each candidate consult the guidelines and tips for completing the application.
A word version for offline use is available here. Final submission must be submitted through the online application.
For questions about the 2018 Global Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.