Eisenhower Fellowships for African Applicants in USA, and applications are submitted till October 15, 2015. Applications are invited for Eisenhower Fellowship available for individuals who have a demonstrated track record of significant professional and community achievements and who seek to tackle big challenges in the future. Eisenhower Fellowship seeks a diverse mix of applicants, ages 32-45, from a wide range of professional sectors. This is a seven week fellowship program will take place from October 2-November 18, 2016 in USA. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: This is a seven week fellowship program.
Field(s): Fellow receives an intensive, individually-designed program in his or her professional field.
Deadline: October 15, 2015.
Funded By: Eisenhower Fellowships is a private, non-profit, non-partisan organization created in 1953 by a group of prominent American citizens to honor President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Eisenhower Fellowships are targeted for Candidates from the seven countries: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania and Zimbabwe can apply to Eisenhower Fellowships.
(Candidates from other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa will be considered if they have a track record of regional impact and are nominated by a member of the Africa Leadership Steering Committee or a member of the Eisenhower Fellowships’ global network).
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowships will be run from October 2-November 18, 2016.
‣Value of Scholarship :
‣ Eisenhower Fellowships (EF) exists to inspire leaders around the world to challenge themselves to think beyond their current scope, to engage others, including those outside of their current networks, and to leverage their own talents to better the world around them.
by General Colin L. Powell, USA (Ret), EF brings two groups to the
U.S. annually, each composed of approximately two dozen outstanding
mid-career Fellows (ages 32 – 45), drawn from 53 different
‣ Over a seven-week period, each Fellow receives an intensive, individually-designed program in his or her professional field. Fellows are interviewed by high-level in-country nominating committees and selected by a committee at the Eisenhower Fellowship’ headquarters in Philadelphia.
‣ Successful candidates demonstrate in their application that they think strategically and have demonstrated the leadership and management skills needed to realize their goals. In addition to more general fellowship objectives, Fellows are required to work on a project throughout the fellowship.
‣ The application must clearly describe the project on which the fellowship will be a significant focus. They seek Fellows who have the creativity required to take full advantage of this unparalleled opportunity; the ability to articulate clear goals for their program; and a vision of how they might use the experience to have a consequential impact which betters the world.
‣ Candidates will be notified of results April 1, 2016
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Nominated candidates should apply by using the online application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are submitted till October 15, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.