Edison Scholars Program for for USA Studnets. Edison International Company is offering Scholars Program for high school seniors to study science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) at college or university level. Applications are open until USA Students. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: High School Seniors at college or university level.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) on the college or university level.
Deadline: January 10, 2014.
Funded By: Edison International Company
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):Edison Scholars Program is open for USA Students
‣ Award No: Up to thirty (30) awards of $10,000 will be granted.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be awarded for four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Edison International is awarding scholarships of $40,000 for high school seniors planning to study science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) on the college or university level. Edison Scholars scholarships are provided over four years at $10,000 per year.
‣ Edison International’s heritage is based on three core values: integrity in our dealings; excellence in service; and respect for all we serve and our fellow employees.
‣ To take us to the next level, we’ve added two values: continuous improvement in our work and teamwork in our approach to the work.
‣ For Edison International, the road ahead is clear: to fulfill a heritage based on values that grew from our past, point the way to our future and produce value for our customers and shareholders.
Have what it takes to avail Edison Scholars Program?
‣ Have a GPA of 2.8 or better.
‣ Plan to be a full-time student majoring in math, physics, chemistry, engineering, materials Science or computer science/information systems at a four-year college or university.
‣ Live in, or attend a high school in, SCE’s service area.
‣ Must demonstrate financial need.
‣ Recipients will be selected by Scholarship Management Services on the basis of academic record, financial need, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, challenging personal or family circumstances and an outside appraisal.
‣ Preference will be given to students who are in the first generation in their family to attend college and students who have overcome significant obstacles and challenges.
‣ All applicants will be notified of their status by email in February.
‣ If selected as a finalist you will be instructed and required to submit additional information including a transcript of grades, Applicant Appraisal/Academic Record Form, and parent(s) IRS FORM 1040, pages 1 and 2.
‣ Finalists failing to mail the required documents to Scholarship Management Services and students whose application information is not substantiated will not be considered.
‣ This is a competitive program. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as finalists and not all finalists will be selected as recipients.
‣ All applicants agree to accept the decision as final. Recipients are notified by post mail in April.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10 January 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Engineering, High School Seniors, Math, Scholarship, Science, Undergraduate, USA