EDCTP-TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowship Scheme, applications are submitted till 30 January, 2015. EDCTP and TDR are jointly awarding clinical research fellowships for the researchers from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). For EDCTP, the applicant must be the legal entity registered in a sub-Saharan African country employing the fellow. Fellowships are awarded to acquire experience and develop skills for conducting clinical trials outside of an academic or public sector setting. Successful candidates will be placed with leading product development organisations, including pharmaceutical companies and product development partnerships – the ‘host organisations’. Placements are for a minimum period of 6 months up to a maximum period of 24 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa, USA, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, UK, Belgium, South Korea, Italy, France and Singapore
Level:Fellowships are available for undertaking research projects in host pharmaceutical companies and PDPs.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded to acquire specialist skills in clinical research and development through placements in pharmaceutical companies and PDPs.
Deadline: 30 January, 2015.
Funded By: European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) and TDR
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): EDCTP-TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs): Armenia, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti ,Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Indonesia, India, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Micronesia, Mauritania Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nicaragua,
Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Timor-Leste, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza and Yemen, Rep., and Zambia are eligible for these clinical research fellowships (for EDCTP, the applicant must be the legal entity registered in a sub-Saharan African country employing the fellow).
‣ Award No: A total of 25 fellowships is available for this call.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Placements are for a minimum period of 6 months up to a maximum period of 24 months.
‣ Scholarship covers:The grant covers one economy class return ticket (home – host organisation – home); a monthly stipend of approximately € 3,100 ($ 4,000); a one-time allowance of € 1,200 ($ 1,500) for educational support materials; health insurance and support to attend relevant meetings during the course of the fellowship up to a maximum amount of € 2,300 ($3,000). The grant also includes provisional funds for re-integration conditional upon the approval of a progress report and re-integration plan.
‣ Members of clinical research teams from low- and middle-income countries (LMIC) are now invited to apply for the EDCTP-TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowship scheme.
‣ Successful candidates will be placed with leading product development organisations, including pharmaceutical companies and product development partnerships – the ‘host organisations’- for a period of up to 24 months.
‣ A total of 25 EDCTP-TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowship is available for this call; 20 product development organisations have offered to host fellows.
‣ The host organisations will train individuals to develop specialist product development skills not readily taught in academic centres or public research institutions.
‣ On returning to their home organisations, the fellows are expected to become an important resource for institutional capacity development to undertake and manage clinical research in accordance with international regulatory requirements and standards.
‣ For EDCTP and TDR: At the deadline for the submission of proposals, the fellow should 1) hold a post-graduate degree 2) have clinical and/or research experience in infectious diseases and 3) be working for the last 12 months in a legal entity registered in a LMIC.
‣ The fellow must have graduated up to 15 years prior to the submission of the application.
‣ For EDCTP: The applicant must be the legal entity registered in a sub-Saharan African country employing the fellow.
‣ For TDR: The fellow must be a national or citizen, and resident in a LMIC.
Selection Criteria for EDCTP-TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowship
‣ The Selection Committee will evaluate and score proposals against three criteria: ‘excellence’, ‘impact’ and ‘quality and efficiency of the implementation’.
‣ The following elements will be considered under the evaluation criteria:
‣ The outcome of the evaluation is expected to be available by 30 June 2015.
‣ The application should be submitted online via EDCTP grants. Supporting documents must be attached electronically to the online application form in PDF format.
‣ Please note that only registered users of the EDCTP grants system can apply for grants.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 January, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.