Ecore Summer School Training is offered in Governance and Economic Behavior in KU Leuven, Belgium . Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country) : Ecore Summer School, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics | KU Leuven, Belgium
Field(s): Governance and Economic Behavior
Deadline: March 15th, 2013
Funded by: E core Summer School
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is open for researchers, doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers,
Benefits(Value/ Inclusions): limited funding for accommodation and travel is available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: May 27-30, 2013
‣ The development of economic theory in the last two decades has been deeply influenced by the introduction of complex theories of individual behavior. Findings in psychology and experimental economics have played a key role in those theories.
‣ A fruitful development in economics consists of exploring the consequences of those complex individual behaviors for collective decision-making, such as for instance voting rules and corporate governance.
‣ The 2013 E. Summer School is devoted to reviewing some of the recent advances in that field with their most relevant applications.
‣ Those fields are at the intersection of experimental science, economics and finance, neuroscience and psychology. We have invited three speakers who are pushing the frontiers:
‣ Alessandro Lizzeri, who is a leading figure on political institutions and economic policy;
‣ Thomas Palfrey, who is a leading figure in experimental economics, game theory and political economy;
‣ Matthew Rabin, who is the most creative figure in psychology and economic theory.
How to submit a paper - How to register:
‣ We welcome submissions in all fields of economics. A link to governance and economic behavior is not necessary.
‣ Applications are encouraged from any interested researcher, but priority will be given to doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers or the equivalent.
To submit a paper:
‣ Those interested should submit a title for their presentation AND a paper as well as your curriculum vitae by March 15 to email@example.com . The selection of speakers will be announced by April 10. A preliminary program will be available by mid-may.
To register (without presenting a paper):
‣ Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your complete affiliation. There is registration fee of 100€; registration is NECESSARY before May 10.
Funding (only for PhD):
‣ Limited funding is available upon motivated request and they will be allocated on a case by case basis (please, send your application to 2013 Ecore Summer School).
In case that financial support is granted, it will cover :
‣ Accommodation for speakers (PhD only): If a participant is selected to present her/his paper, we will cover up to 5 nights at Hotel. Speakers are asked to share a room (in this case, the hotel will bill us directly). Speakers who do not want to share the room are free to ask for a single room, but she/he will have to pay the accommodation at check out, and we will cover up to 50€/night.
(Please do not make the hotel reservation yourself.)
‣ Travel: Up to a maximum of 100€ (in Europe) and 150€ (out of Europe).
Speakers from Universities involved in a funded network with ECARES, CORE or CES are asked to get their travel expenses financed by their own University.
‣ Scholars who want to participate without presenting a paper should send an email to 2013 E. Summer School. For those participants, we will cover NEITHER the travel expenses NOR the lodging. They are also asked to make their own reservation as soon as they can.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Deadline for registration (without presenting a paper) is May 10.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Share Online ; If you can, help others.