ECA Fellowship. ECA is inviting applications from qualified young African Professionals in the area of new technologies, including ICTs in the context of new technologies for Development.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level: Research Programme.
Field(s): The fellowship is awarded in the area of new technologies, including ICTs in the context of new technologies for Development.
Funded By: United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ECA Fellowship is targeted for nationals of United Nations Economic Commission for Africa member states (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad,
Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia,Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya,Leone, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, The D.R Congo, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Duration of the fellowship is of six months.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of USD 3,000. Fellows will be provided with a return air ticket between his/her country of residence and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
‣ ECA is the regional arm of the United Nations in Africa.
‣ Its mandate is to promote the social and economic development of Africa.
‣ ECA’s dual role as a regional arm of the UN, and a part of the regional institutional landscape in Africa, positions it well to make unique contributions to member States’ efforts to address their development challenges.
‣ Its strength derives from its role as the only UN agency mandated to operate at the regional and sub-regional levels to harness resources and bring them to bear on Africa’s priorities.
‣ ECA is inviting applications from qualified young African Professionals in the area of new technologies, including ICTs in the context of new technologies for Development.
‣ Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply. Candidates applying for the position must be below 36 years of age at the time of the application.
‣ Candidates currently enrolled in a PhD programme or with an admission are also welcome to apply.
‣ Fellowship within ECA aims to provide practical, on-the job experience to the professionals as they build and develop their professional career at African development institutions, teaching and research think tanks or member States’ government institutions.
‣ Fellows will also become familiar with the Commission’s broad programmes and services to member States and sub-regional bodies in addressing environment and sustainable development priorities in Africa.
To avail ECA Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply electronically.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 25 October 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, Africa, Economic, Fellowship, United Nations