East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship. The East-West Center funded this fellowship and applications are open until January 6, 2014. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Hawai | USA
Level: Graduate Degree
Field(s): The Fellowships are awarded in fields relevant to the goals and objectives of the East-West Center.
Deadline: January 6, 2014.
Funded By: The East-West Center
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship is targeted for Students of United States, Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands.
Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam. South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka. East Asia: China (Hong Kong, Macau, Mainland, Taiwan), Japan, Republic of Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Republic of, Mongolia and Russia.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides funding for up to 24 months for Master’s or Doctoral degree study.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowships cover the cost of tuition and fees, books, housing in an East-West Center dormitory, health insurance, and partial funding toward meals and incidental expenses.
Funding for field study and conference presentations is offered on a competitive basis during the fellow’s period of study.
‣ The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides funding for up to 24 months for Master’s or Doctoral degree study for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in the educational, residential, and leadership development programs at the East-West Center while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i.
‣ Through East-West Center affiliation, awardees become part of a growing network of students and alumni forging the shape and substance of the world’s most vibrant region.
‣ Center fellowships are provided for degree study at the University of Hawai‘i and participation in the Center’s international and intercultural programs.
‣ The Center and the University of Hawai‘i, located in a unique island setting with a distinctive multicultural heritage, offer premier resources for studies in Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S.
East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship
‣ Before the start of the award, applicants for graduate programs must have obtained a 4-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
‣ Equivalency is determined by the University of Hawai‘i Admissions Office. Generally, an applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) or the equivalent, in the last four semesters or six quarters of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
‣ The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship invites applications from: Citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Citizens of countries in the Pacific and Asia, including Russia.
‣ Selection for the fellowship is based upon the merits of the application.
‣ The final selection decision takes into consideration the following: relevance of the applicant’s interests to the East-West Center’s aims and programs, recommendation by the University of Hawai‘i graduate field of study, test scores, letters of reference, academic record, community involvement/ extracurricular activity participation, and narrative statements.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Download application material for the Graduate Degree Fellowship from the East-West Center Website and submit it by port.
‣ Application forms are valid from July 1 to November 1 for the succeeding year’s fellowship and includes:
a) Graduate Degree Fellowship Application Form;
b) Essay questions;
c) Letter of Reference Form (provide two academic or professional references);
d) Letter of Reference for Community Service/Civic Engagement/Extra Curricular Activities Form (provide one reference) e) Verification of Funds for Expenses Beyond the Scholarship Form
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 06 January 2014.
‣ The final selection decision will be conveyed in writing as well as email and only to the applicant by April 1.
‣ No information regarding the final selection will be disclosed over the telephone.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Asia, DOCTORAL, Featured, Fellowship, Graduate, International, Master, Russia, USA