Easst Visiting Scholar Fellowship For East African Applicants In Usa, and applications are 11:59PM Pacific Time, 31 March 2017. The East Africa Social Science Translation (EASST) invites researchers to apply for a 4-month fellowship at the University of California Berkeley. To be eligible, researchers must be residents of an East African country-Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, or Uganda. The East Africa Social Science Translation (EASST) collaborative is a multi-institution research network with a mission to promote scientific evaluation of social and economic development programs in East Africa. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: This is a four-month fellowship programme. During a four-month fellowship, researchers will be based at the University of California Berkeley.
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded to equip social scientists with the skills needed to carry out rigorous evaluations of economic development programs.
Deadline: 11:59PM Pacific Time, 31 March 2017.
Funded By: The East Africa Social Science Translation (EASST) Collaborative
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Easst Visiting Scholar Fellowship is targeted for Applicants of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania or Uganda can apply for this visiting scholar fellowship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: This visiting fellowship will be offered for four months.
Scholarship covers: Fellows will receive a living stipend, round-trip economy class air travel to Berkeley, CA, and the opportunity to receive seed funding promote impact evaluation at their home institution in East Africa. The fellowship program will cover room and board, health insurance, monthly stipend, visa fees, and roundtrip economy air travel for the selected fellow. CEGA staff will provide mentorship not only throughout the semester, but also once the scholar returns home. Please note that the fellowship does NOT include financial provisions or support for any additional family members or spouses. Upon completing the fellowship, scholars are expected to return to a university or research institute in East Africa and assume a leading role in the global effort to use rigorous evaluation and evidence for economic development. Small grants of up to $10,000 will be provided to fellows who return to their home institution, to hold trainings in impact evaluation, build institutional capacity, or to forge new linkages with government policymakers.
‣ The EASST Visiting Scholar Fellowship seeks to equip East African social scientists with the skills needed to carry out rigorous evaluations of economic development programs. During a four-month fellowship, researchers will be based at the University of California Berkeley.
‣ Each Visiting Scholar will be paired with a faculty mentor affiliated with the Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA), a research network based in the United States.
list of CEGA faculty affiliates is available online .Additionally,
CEGA staff and PhD students will provide support during the semester
and once the scholar returns home.
‣ The fellowship program will pay for room and board in Berkeley, health insurance, monthly stipend, visa fees, and roundtrip air travel.
‣ CEGA staff will provide mentorship not only throughout the semester, but also once the scholar returns home.
Have what it takes to avail Easst Visiting Scholar Fellowship?
‣ Be a resident of an East African country participating in EASST (i.e. Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania or Uganda);
‣ Have participated in field-based data collection and rigorous empirical techniques/analysis;
‣ Have participated in or have familiarity with impact evaluation research (either randomized or quasi-experimental studies);
‣ Hold a staff position at a research institution, university or other organization in East Africa, preferably one that supports policy-relevant, quantitative social science research;
‣ Be computer literate, fluent in English, and a strong public speaker;
‣ Have a PhD or Master’s degree (completed within the last 8 years) or be enrolled in a graduate program in economics, statistics, epidemiology/public health, or another social science discipline;
‣ Plan to return to a research institute in East Africa for at least 1 year after the fellowship; and
‣ Demonstrate a commitment to building the capacity of African research institutions/universities.
Selection Criteria of easst-visiting-scholar-fellowship
‣ Successful candidates must: -Demonstrate strong analytical skills, with past coursework in economics or statistics.
‣ Experience conducting field research using empirical, quantitative and qualitative techniques.
‣ Demonstrated interest in rigorous program evaluation, policy analysis, and micro-level field data collection.
‣ Submission of a clear and innovative research proposal to evaluate a specific public policy or program, using randomized controlled trial or quasi-experimental methodologies.
To apply, please review application information available through the Request for Applications, below. All materials should be submitted using the online platform “Submittable” at: http://tinyurl.com/Submittable-EASST-2017-VF
Fall 2017 EASST Visiting Fellowship RFA.pdfDownload File
Fall 2017 EASST Visiting Fellowship Academic Recommendation form.docxDownload File
Fall 2017 EASST Visiting Fellowship Policy Engagement Recommendation form.docxDownload File
‣ An online system is used to submit applications.
‣ Required Documents for Easst Visiting Scholar Fellowship application
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 11:59PM Pacific Time, 31 March 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...