Early Career Fellowships for Researchers by the Wellcome Trust/ DBT India Alliance in India and applications are submitted till 15 June 2015. Applications are invited for Early Career Fellowships for Researchers in India. Candidates eligible to apply to the Early Career Fellowship scheme hold/are being considered/have a commitment for a faculty position, they are advised to write to the Office with their CV before applying. The total award for an Early Career Fellowship includes the costs requested by the applicant as well as the set contributions by the India Alliance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: Postdoctoral research programme.
Field(s): biomedical research.
Deadline: 15 June 2015.
Funded By: The Wellcome Trust/ DBT India Alliance
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Early Career Fellowships for Researchers is targeted for International researchers
‣ No. of awards: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The fellowship is for five years, full time duration.
‣Value of Scholarship : The fellowship is for five years, full time and provides:
-Personal Support for the fellow.
-Research expenses (materials and consumables; animals; support to attend scientific meetings; and small items of equipment, e.g. laptop)
Additional allowances (travel and overseas subsistence) for work outside the Host Institution; these are scientifically justified visits of up to 24 months to an external laboratory either in India or abroad.
-Support funds for research staff or large equipments are not typically provided. It is expected that applicants will choose appropriate laboratories/ environments where majority of the necessary equipment and facilities are already available.
-The total award for an Early Career Fellowship includes the costs requested by the applicant as well as the set contributions by the India Alliance. Costs requested by the applicant must commensurate with their research proposal and should be fully justified in the full application. Inadequate justifications may result in costs being revised.
‣ This Early Career Fellowships for Researchers scheme provides a unique opportunity for the most promising postdoctoral researchers to carry out research in India.
‣ Applicants are expected to identify an important biomedical research question and design a project that would help answer this question. The proposal would also suggest how the proposed work would help develop the applicant’s future independent research program. Submitted proposals are expected to be globally competitive.
‣ Applicants may wish to set up long term training or collaborative visits (work outside Host Institution) for up to 24 months. These visits may be to other leading laboratories, anywhere in the world.
‣ Applicants must be in the final year of your PhD studies or have no more than four years of postdoctoral research experience from the date of your PhD viva to the full application submission deadline.
‣ Time spent outside the research environment (i.e., career breaks) will be considered but has to be clearly mentioned in the application.
‣ Please note that if the candidates eligible to apply to the Early Career Fellowship scheme hold/are being considered/have a commitment for a faculty position, they are advised to write to the Office with their CV before applying.
‣ Applicants do not have to be an Indian national or of Indian origin. You need not have undertaken your PhD in India.
‣ Applicants must have shown significant promise in your scientific career to date, which includes, but is not limited to; strong academic record, visits to conferences and workshops, and importantly, the vision to develop as an independent researcher.
Selection criteria for Early Career Fellowships for Researchers
Reviewers typically assess:
‣ Short-listed candidates will be notified two weeks before the interview date.
Scholarship Application Method
To complete a preliminary application use our online system ( Application Form), IASys.
‣ Please ensure that the form is submitted by the published deadline.
‣ Your preliminary application will normally be assessed within one month of the submission deadline. If successful, you will be invited to submit a full application.
‣ Your full application will be peer reviewed and considered by the appropriate Selection Committee and, if successful, you will be short-listed for interview.
-Short-listed candidates will be notified two weeks before the interview date.
‣ Applicants are not permitted to apply to multiple Fellowship schemes within the India Alliance in parallel. Only one application to one scheme will be entertained, at a time.
‣ Scholarship Application Closing date: 15 June 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about Early Career Fellowships for Researchers