DUO Thailand Fellowship Programme Between Thailand and ASEM Member States in Europe ,and Application period is from 13 May to 15 August 2016. ASEM-DUO Fellowship Progamme is offered for exchanges of professors and students in tertiary education field between Asia and Europe under ASEM domain. 2015 DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme aims to enhance a mobility of students between Thailand and ASEM member states in Europe. The fDUO Thailand Fellowship Programme is for 1 semester but not longer than 4 months. Grant will be provided in lump sum as follows: For Thai students 1,200 Euro per month and for European students 800 Euro per month. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and UK (for Thai students) and Thailand (for EU students).
Level: Undergraduate or Graduate Students
Field(s): The areas of exchange may include but not limited to these priority areas: Alternative Energy, Biotechnology/Food Technology, Health Sciences, Wood Technology, Information and Communication Technology, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Engineering, European Law, Intellectual Property Law and Energy Economics.
Deadline: Application period is from 13 May to 15 August 2016
Funded By: ASEM-DUO
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DUO Thailand Fellowship Programme is targeted for Students of Europe (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France,
Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and UK) and Thailand
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: DUO Thailand Fellowship Programme will be awarded for 1 semester but not more than 4 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: For Thai students 1,200 Euro per month and for European students 800 Euro per month. Office of the Higher Education Commission, Ministry of Education, Thailand will pay the scholarships to Thai partner universities. The selected students from European Union universities will receive the fund upon their arrival to Thai partner universities. Transfer of the fund will be made upon the receipt of the information on the exact dates of the exchange of the awardees. The home and host institutions are requested to keep all the documents related to the awardees’ expenses for future inspection. There are no restrictions in using the DUO Thailand Fellowship Programme. They can finance the tuition, living, or travel expenses.
‣ DUO Thailand Fellowship Programme aims to enhance a mobility of students between Thailand and ASEM member states in Europe on a balanced basis.
‣ In this respect, DUO-Thailand requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students be exchanged in the framework of cooperation between higher education institutions in Thailand and in the European Union Member States.
‣ The duration period of DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme should not be beyond September 2016.
1. Being an undergraduate or graduate student in Thai public and private higher education institutions under Office of the Higher Education Commission’s jurisdiction,
2. Having Thai nationality,
3. Obtaining at least 2.75 GPA for undergraduate students and 3.25 GPA for graduate students,
4. Proficiency in language used as the medium of instruction is required by one of the following tests,
5. Not having applied for or being the awardee of other scholarships,
6. Being able to join the programme throughout the whole period,
Eligibility for Universities:
Eligible universities for the 2015 DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme should abide by the following obligations:
‣ The home university must permit its students to participate in an exchange all through the duration of the programme: 1 semester but not more than 4 months.
‣ Home and host universities should have an agreement at the institutional level whereby credits for study undertaken while on exchange are to be accepted by the home university.
‣ A home or host university already having an agreement with its partner institution will be given first priority while that aiming to utilize student exchange to pave the way for developing an agreement with its partner institution will be given second priority.
‣ The host university should be willing to receive DUO-Thailand exchange students from its partner institution and is expected to waive tuition fees for the exchange students. -One end of exchange is anchored to Thai.
Application period is from 13 May to 15 August 2016. Applicants for the DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme should conform to the following regulations;
1. Applicants must apply through their respective institutions.
2. The application must be submitted through the Thai partner institution to Office of the Higher Education Commission.
3. Application must be submitted in pair. (A Thai student going to Europe and a European student coming to Thailand)
4. Each Thai institution can nominate no more than three pairs of applicants. (One pair of applicants and two pairs of alternates listed in priority order.)
5. For the pair of exchange, the exchange periods of Thai and European students shall not necessarily coincide, and the areas of exchange of Thai and European shall not necessarily be identical.
Applicants must submit the completed application form and supporting documents with the signatures of the responsible persons at host and home institutions to a Thai home institution prior to the due date. Failure to submit complete application forms will make the applicants ineligible.
The Thai institutions are required to submit the complete application forms and required documents in hard copy to
Bureau of International Cooperation Strategy, 10th floor
Office of the Higher Education Commission
328 Si Ayutthaya Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok
The Office of the Higher Education Commission reserves the right to refuse documents submitted via fax and e-mail.
(To be eligible for consideration, the application forms and required documents must arrive and be registered at Office of the Higher Education Commission NO LATER THAN 15 August 2016.)
The late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
A call for application and electronic application form for DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme can be downloaded from the ASEM-DUO Fellowship Programme’s website :www.asemduo.org or Office of the Higher Education Commission’s website: www.inter.mua.go.th
Ms. Chonticha Prathumtong
Office of the Higher Education Commission
328 Si Ayutthaya Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, THAILAND
Tel: +66 2 610 5394
Fax: +66 2 354 5570
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com