DRD-SA offers two PhD scholarships to well qualified students from Sub-Sahara Africa at Ruhr-University, Bochum, Germany. Full details:
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: about Two (2) scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Covers: Scholarships include monthly allowances of 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
‣ The DRD-SA offers the scholarship opportunity for PhD studies in the fields of Development Studies Governance, Public Policy and Public Management.
‣ The PhD programme is presented in conjunction with the Institute of Development Research and Development Policy at the Ruhr-University, Bochum, Germany.
‣ There will be a taught component which will take place in Germany and a thesis component.
‣ The information provided in the following section is mainly related to the PhD in International Development Studies (PhD IDS) of Ruhr-University Bochum which offers the taught component of the programme.
‣ The DRD-SA offers two PhD scholarships to well qualified students from Sub-Sahara Africa.
School(Institutions/ Country): Ruhr-University, Bochum | Germany
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): PhD program in International Development Studies (Development Studies Governance, Public Policy and Public Management)
Funded By: DRD-SA
Deadline: 30 April 2013.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarships is open for Nationals of Sub-Saharan African Countries (Angola, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Sudan, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Benin, Mali).
To be eligible for DRD PhD Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Qualified university degree (Master or an equivalent to the German Diploma or Staatsexamen) with an overall grade equivalent to 2.7 (fully satisfactory) in the German grading system after completion of relevant studies with a duration of at least 4 years
‣ Qualified degree with an overall grade equivalent to 1.7 (fully good) in the German grading system after completion of relevant studies with a duration of at least three years plus preparatory studies for the PhD of usually three semesters.
‣ The scholarships are awarded in a competitive procedure purely on academic merit and qualification.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ The deadline for applying for the 2013 intake is 30 April 2013..
‣ It is important to read the how-to-apply page (application forms and requirements can be found here) and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Institute of Development Research and Development Policy, Ruhr-University Bochum Dr.Katja Bender
Universitätsstr. 150 Building GB, Room 1/59 D-44801 Bochum, Germany Tel: +49-(0)234 / 32-22418, -22243 Fax: +49-(0)234 / 32-14-294 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD IDS Information Brochure (PDF): http://development-research.org/images/pdf/PhD/PhD_brochure.pdf
You may also like