DPDF Student Fellowship Competition in USA , 2015 and applications are submitted till October 15, 2014. Applications are invited for student fellowships available for US and international applicants who are currently matriculated in PhD programs at accredited universities in the United States. The DPDF program covers all travel, lodging, and meals expenses related to mandatory attendance at both workshops. Applicants may request up to $5,000 to support summer research expenses, including travel, lodging, meals and some necessary equipment and supplies. Full details :
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Fellowships are available for early-stage doctoral students
Field(s): Fellowships are available for studying humanities and social sciences to formulate innovative dissertation research proposals through workshops, exploratory summer research, and writing guided by peer review and faculty mentorship
Deadline: October 15, 2014.
Funded By: Social Science Research Council, United States
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DPDF Student Fellowship Competition is targeted for US and International applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The DPDF program covers all travel, lodging, and meals expenses related to mandatory attendance at both workshops. Applicants may request up to $5,000 to support summer research expenses, including travel, lodging, meals, and some necessary equipment and supplies.
‣ The Dissertation Proposal Development Fellowship (DPDF) Program helps early-stage doctoral students in the humanities and social sciences formulate innovative dissertation research proposals through workshops, exploratory summer research, and writing guided by peer review and faculty mentorship.
‣ The DPDF Student Fellowship Competition program seeks young scholars who are interested in strengthening their dissertation research plans through exposure to the theories, literatures, methods, and intellectual traditions of disciplines outside their own.
‣ By the end of the fellowship, participating students will complete a draft proposal that can be reviewed with academic advisors and adapted for submission to an academic department and/or research funding agencies.
‣ Applicants must be currently matriculated in PhD programs at accredited universities in the United States.
‣ Applicants may be US citizens or noncitizens.
‣ Progress within graduate program:
Selection Criteria for DPDF Student Fellowship Competition
‣ Applications will be evaluated on the basis of the following: -Potential significance of proposed dissertation topic: The application should explain how the proposed dissertation project seeks to build upon and add to theoretical or interpretive understandings of current scholarship by posing an innovative research puzzle or question and applying insightful methods of research and analysis.
‣ Applicant’s readiness for proposal development: Application materials should demonstrate the applicant’s readiness to develop and refine a dissertation proposal for an academic department or research funding agency.
‣ The most competitive students will likely have completed courses, written papers, or made public presentations related to their dissertation topic.
‣ Interest in and potential benefit from other disciplines in the humanities and social sciences: Applicants must make clear their interest in, and potential for, strengthening their research proposals through exposure to the theories, literatures, methods, and intellectual traditions of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences outside their own.
‣ Connection between summer research plans and proposal development: Applicants must explain how undertaking exploratory empirical investigations—using one or more qualitative, quantitative, archival, library-based, or other methods of investigation—can contribute to the development of their dissertation proposals, including how they might explore and evaluate alternative methodologies.
‣ All applications to the student competition must be submitted through the SSRC application portal, where applicants can find instructions for electronic submittal.
‣ Each completed application must include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 15, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.