Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences at University of Heidelberg and applications are submitted till 1 October 2014. The Graduate School for Humanities and Social Sciences at University of Heidelberg invites applications for 6 doctoral scholarships for a period of two years with the possibility of a one-year extension. Applicants must hold an M.A. or equivalent in one of the disciplines of the Humanities or Social Sciences with an above-average grade. Scholarships of € 1.110 per month are intended for national and international applicants. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Heidelberg, Germany | Germany
Level: PhD degree
Field(s): Scholarships are provided within Graduate School for Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Heidelberg.
Deadline: 1 October 2014.
Funded By: University of Heidelberg, Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences are targeted for National and international applicants.
‣ Award No: Six doctoral scholarships will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for two years with the possibility of a one-year extension.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarships of € 1.110 per month are intended for national and international applicants and have a duration of two years, with the possibility of a one-year extension.
Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences
‣ The Graduate School is an integral component of the interdisciplinary research in the Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Heidelberg.
‣ Its aim is to foster the productive use of existent cross- and interdisciplinary research at the University of Heidelberg and to promote innovative, interdisciplinary research projects in these areas.
‣ Thematically, the research projects should contribute to the Field of Focus 3, “Cultural dynamics in globalized worlds” and/or Field of Focus 4, “Self-regulation and regulation: individuals and organizations.
Have what it takes to avail Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences?
‣ Applicants must hold an M.A. or equivalent in one of the disciplines of the Humanities or Social Sciences with an above-average grade (at least 1.7, 5.5, B+, 2+, “magna cum laude”, or similar).
‣ The transcript has to indicate at least four years of study at the university level. Excellent knowledge of English or German, in addition to another language, is expected. Knowledge of German can be acquired or improved during the first year of the programme.
‣ Applicants are expected to contact a potential supervisor in Heidelberg in order to discuss their research plans and to obtain his or her supervision agreement.
‣ The University of Heidelberg has particular interest in supporting women and encourages them to apply for the doctoral scholarships.
‣ Applications from disabled candidates with equal qualifications will be given preference.
‣ Successful candidates will be invited to present their projects to the Selection Committee at an interview in Heidelberg or via Skype in mid-May 2014.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th March 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like