Doctoral Research Positions in Natural and Life Sciences. The Graduate School of Excellence ‘JSMC’ invites applications for doctoral research positions (TV-L E13, 65%) for research projects on several topics in Natural and Life Sciences. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: PhD Research Degree
Field(s): For research projects on several topics in Natural and Life Sciences.
Deadline: 20th October 2013
Funded By: Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Doctoral Research Positions in Natural and Life Sciences are targeted for both German as well as international students.
‣ Award No: 11 PhD fellowships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Selection of applicants for the JSMC PhD Fellowships ( funding for a 3-year doctoral research project including employment and research budget) is organized in
JSMC Recruitments. Once or twice per year JSMC Recruitment Calls are launched with up to 20 research projects being offered per call.
‣ Scholarship covers:
Doctoral Research Positions in Natural and Life Sciences
‣ The aim of this organization is the close integration of these thematically related groups and of the research institutions involved in their PhD training programs.
‣ The organization shares scientific and education resources so enhancing efficiency.
‣ The School uses German Excellence Initiative funding to provide PhD fellowships to selected outstanding young scientists from all over the world.
To avail Doctoral Research Positions in Natural and Life Sciences, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Natural or Life Sciences (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Geosciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, etc.).
‣ Candidates about to obtain their degree are welcome to apply;
‣ high motivation and interest in joining one of the interdisciplinary research areas of the JSMC;
‣ creativity and interest in shaping your own thesis project;
‣ an integrative and cooperative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in the lively JSMC Community;
‣ very good communication skills in English (the language of instruction at the JSMC)
‣ Selected applicants will be invited to the JSMC Recruitment Meeting in Jena, Germany, on December 4-6, 2013.
‣ Awarding decisions will be made shortly thereafter, allowing the projects to start immediately.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20th October, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, DOCTORAL, germany, International, research, Sciences