Doctoral Positions in Atmospheric Sciences at University of Helsinki in Finland, 2014 , and applications are submitted till 30 September 2014. Applications are invited for doctoral positions available for international students to study at University of Helsinki in Finland. Applicants must hold a second-cycle degree and have an approved research proposal. Up to two positions are available for international students. The salary is EUR 2022–2970 per month, depending on the appointee’s qualifications and work experience. The appointment starts with a probationary period of four months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Helsinki | Finland
Level: Doctoral Program
Field(s): atmospheric sciences
Deadline: 30 September 2014
Funded By: University of Helsinki
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Doctoral Positions in Atmospheric Sciences are targeted for International applicants
‣ Award No: Up to two positions are available for international students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Positions are available for the duration of four months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The salary is based on levels 2–4 of the job requirement scheme for teaching and research personnel in the salary system of Finnish universities. In addition, the appointee shall be paid a salary component based on personal work performance. The salary is EUR 2022–2970 per month, depending on the appointee’s qualifications and work experience. The appointment starts with a probationary period of four months.
‣ The University has introduced a doctoral education system consisting of four doctoral schools and 32 doctoral programmes at the beginning of 2014.
‣ The goal of the reform is to improve the quality and efficiency of the doctoral education.
‣ A doctoral student applicant must hold a second-cycle degree and have an approved research proposal.
‣ Other requirements include the ability and motivation, as demonstrated through previous degree studies or otherwise, to pursue postgraduate studies and a doctoral degree according to the study plan and research proposal.
‣ The appointee must have the right to pursue a doctoral degree at the University of Helsinki by the start of the appointment.
‣ Language proficiency in English is a prerequisite for admission.
‣ The University of Helsinki offers a salary dependent on qualifications and work experience.
‣ Applications can be submitted electronically.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 September 2014.