DLGS Doctoral Fellowships at Dresden University of Technology in Germany , and applications are submitted till September 15, 2016 . The DLGS offers Doctoral Fellowships at the TU Dresden for up to three years. Applications are reviewed once a year.The seventh DLGS cohort is oriented towards making cities and regions more sustainable, resilient and inclusive. Doctoral Candidates will investigate new concepts, instruments and policies to promote social development, economic growth and environmentally sustainable urban and regional development. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):The DLGS – Dresden Leibniz Graduate School | Germany
Level: Doctoral Fellowships
Field(s): Research Topic: “General Topic: “Sustainable, resilient and inclusive cities and
regions.” Doctoral Candidates will investigate new concepts, instruments and policies to promote social development, economic growth and environmentally sustainable urban and regional development.
Deadline: 15 September 2016.
Funded By: The DLGS – Dresden Leibniz Graduate School
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DLGS Doctoral Fellowships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The DLGS offers Doctoral Fellowships at TU Dresden for up to three years. In general, the first year of the structured programme is devoted to intensive work in courses and on the development of the doctoral thesis project. he second year is given over to empirical work, including field work. In the third year the primary aim is successful completion of the doctoral thesis. In individual cases, this general schedule may vary according to the specific needs of the candidate.
‣ Scholarship covers: In general, the fellowship provides the following: a fixed monthly stipend for the fellows’ living expenses in Dresden (determined by the DFG – German Research Foundation), funds to attend the DLGS academic programme (including German lessons for non-native speakers of German language), limited funds for project-related travel and other research expenses, and the round-trip airfare to Germany (both subject to approval by the DLGS management board). There is no additional family supplement provided to fellows accompanied by a partner and/or children.
The DLGS offers Doctoral Fellowships at the TU Dresden for up to three years. Applications are reviewed once a year. The seventh DLGS cohort is oriented towards making cities and regions more sustainable, resilient and inclusive. Doctoral Candidates will investigate new concepts, instruments and policies to promote social development, economic growth and environmentally sustainable urban and regional development. A detailed description of research lines and topics can be found at the web page: http://www.dlgs-dresden.de.
To avail DLGS Doctoral Fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ DLGS is without regard to age, race, gender, handicap, religion or nationality.
‣ This announcement addresses excellent graduates (holding an M.A., M.Sc. or equivalent, and a master’s thesis graded good or equivalent, corresponding to 2 or better under Germany’s grading system in Spatial Planning and Development (including City and Regional Planning, Urban Regeneration, Landscape Planning, Traffic Planning), Geography, Economics, or Environmental Sciences.
‣ Applications from outside Germany are particularly welcome.
‣ All applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English (in general confirmed by some form of official certification) and be comfortable working in teams.
‣ Successful applicants must take up residence in Dresden in order to be present regularly / daily at DLGS premises during working hours.
‣ Fellowship holders must comply with the regulations for a doctoral degree issued by the relevant faculties of the Technische Universität Dresden Environmental Sciences, Business and Economis, Architecture and Arts, Humanities and Social Science) where they will be matriculated.
‣ Applicants must hold a Master’s degree (at least a Two-year Master’s Programme) from a recognized university. No more than four years should have passed since the applicant gained his/her master’s level degree.
‣ Applicants nearing completion of their Master’s degree may be provisionally accepted. Matriculation at the TU Dresden is contingent upon completion of all requirements before the start of the DLGS Programme. ** Applicants from other disciplines are welcome if they are able to convincingly relate their area of interest to the DLGS research lines and topics.
‣ Selection is based on academic qualifications and an applicant’s potential to succeed.
‣ You will be informed of the final outcome of the selection process in January 2017.
‣ University will contact you directly, sending an offer to take part in the programme via email.
‣ Upon receiving notification of your acceptance we will send a letter confirming your place on our graduate programme.
‣ Afterwards we will guide you through the enrolment procedure at the TU Dresden and assist you before and after your arrival to Dresden to facilitate your acclimatization.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please submit your application online.
‣ Apply for a DLGS Fellowship in three steps:
Step 1–DLGS Registration
Step 2–Completion of online form: All documents listed below must be submitted to complete your application, including:
‣ The filled-out Application Form, including an outline of your doctoral proposal. Official transcripts of master’s certificates and other supporting documents must be uploaded to the online application system.
‣ If master’s certificates are not available before application deadline, you are requested to upload transcripts of records or mark sheets. Applicants from non-English speaking countries should supply evidence of their proficiency in written and oral communication in the English language.
‣ Personal statement, describing your academic background, research experience and career goals.
‣ References: List the names of two (2) recommenders. At least one of the recommenders must be a university professor.
‣ Step 3–Submission: Then complete the application process by pressing the ‘Submit’ button. You will receive an automated email response informing you that your application has been received.
The deadline for application to join the next DLGS cohort (2017-2019) is September 15, 2016. Selection interviews for this cohort are planned via Skype for the fourth quarter of 2016.
For further information please contact the DLGS scientific coordinator:
Dr. Paulina Schiappacasse firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +49 (0) 351 - 46337890
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by 15 September 2016.
2016, DOCTORAL, Fellowships, germany, International, Free Fellowships , September Deadline