Development Scholarships for Developing Countries in Czech Republic , and applications are submitted till 30th April 2017. The Faculty of Social Sciences at Charles University through the support of the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport offers seven development scholarships for developing countries. Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programmes at Charles University Faculty of Social Sciences from academic year 2017/2018. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Charles University. | Czech Republic
Level: Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies
Field(s): any course offered by Charles University Faculty of Social Sciences.
Deadline: 30th April 2017.
Funded By: Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, the Faculty of Social Sciences
Benefits(Value/ Inclusions): Development Scholarships for Developing Countries are targeted for Students of developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu,
Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras,
Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay)
‣ Award No: A total of seven scholarships are available, ear-marked for students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for school year 2015/16, and may not be deferred to later years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Under the terms of this scholarship, students will receive a waiver of school fees for their first semester of study, plus a one-off payment of 50 000 CZK (about 2050 EUR) as a contribution towards living costs. School fees for the second semester of study will not be waived.
‣ Thanks to a generous contribution from the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, the Faculty of Social Sciences is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee based programs in academic year 2015/16.
‣ A total of seven Development Scholarships for Developing Countries are available, ear-marked for students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Selection Criteria for Development Scholarships for Developing Countries
‣ All scholarship applications received by the deadline will be assessed by a Scholarship Review Board, which will recommend seven students to receive scholarships to the Dean of the Faculty.
‣ The decision of the Board on which students it will recommend for a scholarship will be independent of the deliberations of the Admissions Panel regarding which students to admit.
‣ However, only students finally admitted by the Faculty are eligible to become scholarship holders.
‣ In addition to the documents submitted by scholarship applicants, the Scholarship Review Board will take into consideration applicants’ results from their earlier studies. Priority will be given to students who have not previously had the opportunity to study abroad.
IMPORTANT: All scholarship applicants MUST also lodge an online application for their selected study program and note the name of the programme on their application for a scholarship. Without this their application for a scholarship will not be considered.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30th April 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...