DEST Training Course on BASICS OF TAXONOMY: DESCRIBING, ILLUSTRATING AND COMMUNICATING is offered for MSc students, PhD students, early career researchers from any nationality at ven Lovén Centre for Marine Sciences, Sweden. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Sven Lovén Centre for Marine Sciences, Kristineberg | Sweden
Level : Short Term Training course
Field(s):BASICS OF TAXONOMY: DESCRIBING, ILLUSTRATING AND COMMUNICATING
Deadline: 24 June 2013; Course dates: 14-25 October 2013
Funded By: The Distributed European School of Taxonomy( DEST)
Beneficiaries( Target Group): DEST Training scholarship is open to MSc students, PhD students, early career researchers from any nationality
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions)
‣Award No:not specified.
‣Scholarship Duration:14-25 October 2013
‣ Scholarship Covers: DEST is offering four grants of 500 Euro to attend this course.
‣The Distributed European School of Taxonomy (DEST) has been established by prominent taxonomists and other international partners during the EU funded project European Distributed Institute of Taxonomy (EDIT, www.e-taxonomy.eu, 1 March 2006 – 1 March 2011).
‣ The major aim of DEST Training is to transfer knowledge between current and future generations of taxonomists by providing high quality education and prepare students for future taxonomic careers.
‣ Overall, DEST involves a network of around 100 training providers from 60 institutions.
‣ Within the framework of the EDIT project, DEST organised training sessions in 30 European institutions for 185 students from all over the world (116 of which EDIT-granted).
‣ Since March 2011, the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences remains responsible for the continued management of DEST, organization of courses and related logistical matters.
‣ During the academic year 2011-2012, DEST provided training to 100 students through 16 courses.
‣ The Distributed European School of Taxonomy is offering a two-week training course on BASICS OF TAXONOMY: DESCRIBING, ILLUSTRATING AND COMMUNICATING BIODIVERSITY.
‣ The course is ideal for early career and future taxonomists who want to learn more about DELTA, digital drawing, scientific illustration, writing and communication, and Scratchpads.
‣ Location Sven Lovén Centre for Marine Sciences, Kristineberg, Sweden
‣ DELTA: Dr Matz Berggren, Institution of Marine Ecology, Göteborg University, Sweden & Dr Charles Oliver Coleman, Museum für Naturkunde, Berlin, Germany
‣ Digital drawing: Dr Charles Oliver Coleman, Museum für Naturkunde, Berlin, Germany Scientific illustration: Prof. Tomas Cedhagen, Department of Marine Ecology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
‣ Scientific writing and communication: Dr Gabor Lövei, Department of Plant Protection, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Slagelse, Denmark Scratchpads: Dr Dimitrios Koureas, Department of Life Sciences, The Natural History Museum, London, UK
To be considered for DEST Training scholarships , candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ should be MSc students, PhD students, early career researchers
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Deadline for registration: 24 June 2013.
‣ Participants will receive notification by 3 July 2013 whether accepted to the course.
Click here for the registration form.
‣ Course will be cancelled if minimum number of registrations (13) is not reached.
‣ Course dates: 14-25 October 2013
‣ Course venue: Sven Lovén Centre for Marine Sciences, Kristineberg, Sweden
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like