Desmond Tutu Masters Scholarship for Africans at University of Edinburgh in UK, and applications are submitted till 3 April 2017. University of Edinburgh is inviting applications for Desmond Tutu Masters Scholarship for Africans. Scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa for postgraduate Master’s study within the School of Divinity for the 2017-2018 academic session. The scholarship will cover the full overseas tuition fee and a maintenance allowance of £5,000. The award will be tenable for one academic year. The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree. The winner of the scholarship will be announced by June 2017. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):University of Edinburgh | UK
Level: master’s degree level
Field(s): Scholarships are provided to study within the School of Divinity at University of Edinburgh
Deadline: 3 April 2017
Funded By: University of Edinburgh, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Desmond Tutu Masters Scholarship is targeted for The students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya,
Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The award will be tenable for one academic year.
‣ Scholarship covers:The scholarship will cover the full overseas tuition fee and a maintenance allowance of £5,000.
‣ This Desmond Tutu Masters Scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa for postgraduate Master’s study within the School of Divinity for the 2015-2016 academic sessions.
‣ Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
‣ The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
‣ In addition to the above academic qualifications, the selection panel will also take into account the financial circumstances of applicants to ensure that as far as possible a student’s financial situation does not impede a university education.
‣ The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit.
‣ All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of June 2017.
Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 3 April 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.