Deans Asia Scholarships at University of Auckland in New Zealand , and applications are submitted till 15 November. Faculty of Business and Economics of University of Auckland is inviting applications for Dean’s Asia Scholarships. Scholarships are available for Asian international undergraduate students to complete a Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Information Management or Bachelor of Property degree at the University of Auckland Business School. The Scholarship is paid as a tuition/compulsory fees credit over three years in two installments per year, one in the first semester and one in the second semester. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | New Zealand
Level: undergraduate degree
Field(s): Scholarships are provided within in the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Auckland.
Deadline: 15 November.
Funded By: University of Auckland, New Zealand
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Deans Asia Scholarships are targeted for Students of Asia (Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia,
Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen)
‣ Award No: Up to 3 scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Scholarships will be paid as a tuition/compulsory fees credit over three years in two instalments per year, one in the first semester and one in the second semester.
‣ The Deans Asia Scholarships were established in 2011 and are funded by the University of Auckland Business School. The main purpose of the Scholarships is to support Asian international undergraduate students to complete a Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Information Management or Bachelor of Property degree at the University of Auckland Business School. Selection will be based on academic merit, financial need and demonstrated potential to succeed in business studies at university.
‣ The Scholarships will be awarded by the University of Auckland Council upon the recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising the Dean of the University of Auckland Business School (or nominee), the Associate Dean, Academic Programmes (or nominee) and one Head of Department from the Business School (or nominee).
‣ The University of Auckland Council is not obliged to make an award of any or all of the Scholarships if in any year there is no candidate or candidates of sufficient merit.
‣ Preference may be given to students not receiving other financial assistance.
‣ Applicants will be notified approximately six weeks after the closing date by letter or email.
Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible before you apply. Then click on the blue “Apply here” button and complete the online application form.
Scholarship applications will usually open around 6 weeks before the closing date. We recommend you check the form early for any request sections, in case a referee or supervisor is required to support your application and to familiarise yourself with the form. Apart from any sections that are sent to a referee to endorse, you can go in to your form and amend your answers for all other sections up to the closing date. All sections (including any request sections) must be submitted by the closing date, which is midnight on the specified date (unless stated otherwise). We recommend you do not have two different scholarship applications open within the same browser.
Outcomes are determined by a selection committee and are usually notified around six weeks after the closing date
Download the Regulations
(67.8 kB, PDF)
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.