Deakin University, Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research (C-PAN) offers PhD scholarships. Full details:
School (Institutions / Country): Deakin Uni. | Australia
Level: Doctoral (PhD) Degree
Field(s): Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
Deadline: 26th April 2013
Funded by: Deakin University’s Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research (C-PAN)
Beneficiaries( Target Groups): Scholarship is Open for the students of Australia.
Benefits (Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is applicable for 3 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship stipend rate is $24,653 per annum (2013 rate) for 3 years.
‣ A PhD scholarship is available with Deakin University’s Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research (C-PAN).
‣ C-PAN is a multi-disciplinary research centre recognized internationally for its expertise in physical activity and nutrition.
‣ PhD Scholarship in the Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research in Australia which is offered by the Deakin Uni., Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research (C-PAN).
‣ This scholarship is based at Deakin Uni.'s Melbourne Burwood Campus.The scholarship is linked with a National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) funded project grant.
‣ The principal supervisor will be Professor Robin Daly who holds the position of Chair in Exercise and Ageing and is the Associate Head of School (Research) within the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences.
‣ Over the past 10 years he has supervised/co-supervised 14 PhD and post-doctoral students, and is currently supervising or co-supervising 4 others.
‣ The successful applicant will be supervised by a team of experienced researchers who are supportive, meet regularly with students and provide timely feedback, and who work collaboratively in a vibrant research culture.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to avail Deakin University PhD Scholarship.
‣ must meet Deakin’s PhD entry requirements and
‣ must hold an Honours degree (First Class) or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component (or equivalent) in the field of research.
‣ must be Australian or New Zealand citizens, or Australian permanent residents.
‣ must be highly motivated, and able to work in a multidisciplinary team.
‣ Previous research experience in exercise/physical activity is desirable
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online
‣ Please submit online application
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 26th April 2013.
‣ You will need to provide the following documents:
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: Deakin, University, PhD, Scholarship , Nutrition, Sciences , exercise , Australia, 2013, featured
Share Online ; If you can, help others.