Darwin Studentships for International Students or EU Students in UK, , and applications are submitted till 31 January 2016. University of Birmingham is inviting applications for D studentships for International students. Applicants should posses, or expect to achieve, at least a good upper second class honours degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject. Evidence of previous research experience, for instance undergraduate project work, is desirable. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
are available for pursuing PhD research
level at University of Birmingham.
are provided in the area of microbial (preferably bacterial)
Funded By: University of Birmingham, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Darwin Studentships are targeted for international Students or EU Students who are not citizens of the UK can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The School has several Darwin Studentships available to International Students or EU Students who are not citizens of the UK.
‣ The Studentships specifically fund PhD projects in the area of microbial (preferably bacterial) molecular genetics.
‣ Applications are considered from 31st January each year and excellent candidates are chosen for available projects until all Studentships are allocated. Late applications will be considered if not all the studentships have been allocated.
‣ Applicants should posses, or expect to achieve, at least a good upper second class honours degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject. Evidence of previous research experience, for instance undergraduate project work, is desirable.
‣ Qualifications of a suitable standard from every country in the world are accepted for postgraduate entry.
‣ Students from different countries whose first language is not English will need to show that they have an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English with a formal English test result.
‣ Once registered for a PhD there is scope for further improvement in English via the University’s English for International Students Unit.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants can apply through the Biosciences PhD course page on our Course Finder.
‣ Applicants using the University Standard Application form should state in the funding section of the application form that they would like to be considered for a Darwin Studentship.
‣ Late applications will be considered if all the studentships have not been allocated. In the application form, please reply to the question – “Which Study Programme do you wish to apply for?” with PhD Biosciences and to “For research degrees, give details of your proposed area of research” specify the supervisor(s) and project(s) in which you interested.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 January 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.