Darden Foundation Recipe for Success Scholarship is open for Hispanic U.S. Citizen or a legal permanent resident. The D a r d e n Foundation’s is funding full-time undergraduate scholarship at a four-year accredited U.S. institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam. Applications are open until Jan 20, 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at a four-year accredited U.S. institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2014-2015 academic years. | USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): The scholarship is awarded in hospitality administration and culinary arts.
Deadline: Jan 20, 2014.
Funded By: The Darden Foundation’s
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):This Scholarship is targeted for Hispanic U.S. Citizen or a legal permanent resident.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards are in the amount of $2,500.
‣ The Darden Foundation’s Recipe for Success® Scholarship Program is available on a competitive basis to graduating high school seniors and community college transfer students of Hispanic heritage from selected geographical locations.
‣ Students must be enrolled full-time during the 2014-2015 academic year. Awards are in the amount of $2,500.
‣ Through the Recipe for Success initiative, the D a r d e n Foundation aims to create opportunity for low-income students by empowering them with the tools and resources needed to graduate from high school and pursue a college or technical school education.
‣ The Darden Foundation is the charitable arm of Darden Restaurants, Inc., the world’s largest full-service restaurant company.
‣ The D a r d e n Foundation’s mission is to maintain a spirit of service and community engagement as defining characteristics of Darden’s family of restaurants – Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, The Capital Grille, Eddie V’s and Yard House.
Have what it takes Darden Foundation Recipe for Success Scholarship?
‣ Be of Hispanic heritage;
‣ Be a U.S. Citizen or a legal permanent resident with permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired) or be granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
‣ Be a graduating high school senior with plans to enroll full-time as a freshman OR
‣ be a community college student transferring to a four-year institution in a degree-seeking program at a four-year accredited U.S. institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2014-2015 academic year.
‣ Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
‣ ALL majors are eligible, applicants majoring in Hospitality Administration and Culinary Arts are encouraged to apply.
‣ Have a permanent address or attend an institution in one of the following areas: Atlanta, GA metropolitan area Dallas-Ft Worth, TX metropolitan area Los Angeles, CA metropolitan area Miami, FL metropolitan area
‣ Must not be an employee nor have an immediate family member (siblings, mother, father, aunts, uncles, grandparents) be an employee of any of the following Darden Restaurant brands: Olive Garden Red Lobster LongHorn Steakhouse The Capital Grille Bahama Breeze Seasons 52 Eddie V’s Yard House Darden Foundation.
‣ Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). DACA applicants must submit household income information.
‣ Successful candidates are selected on the basis of academic achievement, financial need, as well as on personal strengths and leadership.
‣ Students will be notified by Mar 2014.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20 Jan 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Culinary Arts, DEGREE, hospitality administration, Scholarship, Undergraduate, USA