Danish Government Summer Language Scholarships for International Students in Denmark , and applications are submitted till March 1, 2016.There is a great opportunity for the students of Israel, Russia, China, Canada, UDA and various EU countries. The summer language course scholarships are available for students enrolled in full-degree programmes in institutions of higher education. Applicants can apply for the scholarship under the Cultural Agreements programme to attend a Danish Summer Language Course. Students do not have to pay for the course itself, the scholarship covers the tuition fee. Students may also receive the 5000 dkk scholarship upon arrival to cover their accommodation and meals. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | Denmark
Level: The summer language course scholarships are available for students enrolled in full-degree programmes in institutions of higher education.
Field(s): Danish Summer Language Course.
Deadline: March 1, 2016.
Funded By: Danish Government Danish Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Danish Government Summer Language Scholarships are targeted for Students of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy,
Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey and United Kingdom Japan, Israel, Russia, Canada and USA can apply for these Danish Summer Language scholarships.
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: not known
‣ Scholarship covers: Students do not have to pay tuition for the course, the scholarship covers the tuition fee. Depending on the course the students will attend, the students will either have to pay for accommodation and meals themselves, or it will be provided by the course organiser:
If accommodation and/or meals are provided by the course organiser, it will be deducted from the DKK 5000 scholarship.
‣ Students can apply for Danish Government Summer Language Scholarships under the Cultural Agreements programme to attend a Danish Summer Language Course.
‣ The summer language courses in Danish are open to bachelor, Master’s and PhD students enrolled at institutions divided into three country groups.
‣ The Danish Summer Language Courses are offered at seven different course providers, located in different regions of Denmark. Students do not have to pay tuition for the course, the scholarship covers the tuition fee.
‣ If accommodation and meals are not provided for by the course organiser, the students receive the DKK 5000 scholarship upon arrival to cover their accommodation and meals.
Please note that students must cover all travel expenses and other personal expenses (shopping, gifts, souvenirs, etc.) by themselves.
‣ The summer language courses in Danish are open to bachelor, master’s and PhD students.
‣ The Danish Government Summer Language Scholarships are available for students enrolled in full-degree programmes in the following countries and/or institutions:
‣ Group 1: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Turkey and United Kingdom.
Japan (4 scholarships for participation in Danish Language Summer Courses of 3 weeks’ duration.)
‣ Group 2: Israel (3 scholarships for participation in Danish Summer Language courses of 3 weeks’ duration. One of these scholarships is reserved for a teacher from Danmarksskolen in Israel).
-Russia (6 scholarships for participation in Danish Summer Language Courses of 3 weeks’ duration.)
-The following institutions in China (exclusively): Beijing Foreign Studies University, The Danish Department, The Institute of European Language and Culture, Beijing, P.R. China
‣ Group 3: Selected institutions in Canada and USA: -University of British Columbia, Department of Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies, Vancouver, Canada
-Portland State University, Dept. of Foreign language and Literature, Portland, OR, USA
-University of California, Department of Scandinavian Studies, Berkley, CA, USA
-University of Texas at Austin, Department of Germanic Studies, Austin, TX, USA
-University of Washington, Scandinavian Department, Seattle, WA, USA
-University of Wisconsin, Department. of Scandinavian Studies, Madison, WI, USA
-University of California, The Scandinavian Section, Los Angeles, CA, USA
will be prioritized according to specific criteria. The selection of
candidates is done according to the following criteria:
‣ The applicant is either a bachelor, master’s or PhD student.
‣ The applicant is not already enrolled at a higher education institution in Denmark.
‣ The applicant is nominated by a lecturer who teaches Danish abroad. If you would like to be recommended by a lecturer, be sure to contact the lecturer before you apply. The recommendation letter should be sent together with the application, or as otherwise specified by the course organizer.
‣ The applicant studies Danish or Scandinavian languages and literature.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants from Group 1 and 3 should apply directly to the course organizer. Please be aware of the following before applying:
‣ Important! Students can apply to one course only. You will however be able to select a second choice, in case you cannot be placed in the course that you have picked as your first choice. Students who apply several places will be not be able to select the course themselves, but will be placed by the Agency to the best of its judgement.
‣ Students will not be awarded ECTS-points for attending a summer language course. These language courses are not ECTS awarding courses.
Course organizers reserve the right to consider the distribution of nationalities in the final selection of candidates for the summer language courses. Previous experience has shown that over representation of any nationality on the individual course is not desirable.
‣ We recommend that accepted applicants, who will need a visa, contact the Danish diplomatic representation in their home country well in advance of their entry into Denmark. If you need a visa for your study period in Denmark
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on March 1, 2016.
Danish Government Summer Language Scholarships
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.