Danish Government offers scholarships for International Students. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): the Danish host institutions | Denmark
Level: Masters(MSc) and Doctoral(PhD) Degree
Field(s): Design, Architecture, Environmental Studies, and other related fields
Deadline: February 28, 2013.
Funded by: Danish Government
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for Students of EU-countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, and the Netherlands), Iceland, Switzerland, Serbia, Turkey and Non-European countries (China, Japan, Israel, Egypt and Russia).
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Award Duration: Scholarships are tenable during the academic year. The autumn term begins on September 1st, the spring term on February 1st.
‣ What does the scholarship cover?Scholarships for bachelor’s students in Danish language and literature and for master’s students include free tuition and a monthly stipend of DKK 5,000. Danish Government Scholarships can be applied to cover living, travel, and visa expenses and are for one person only. Additional amounts for accompanying family members are not available.
‣ Danish Government Long Term scholarships are available for master's and PhD-level students and young research scientists in studies of the Danish language and culture or other fields of study related to Denmark.
‣ Bachelor’s degree students can also apply if they have studied the Danish language for two years. These scholarships are funded by Danish Government under the cultural agreements. These scholarships are opened to citizens of EU-countries, Iceland, Switzerland, Serbia,Turkey and Non-European countries.
‣ The Danish Agency for Universities and Internationalization has initiated an administrative reform1 of the Danish Scholarships for Foreign Nationals (the Cultural Agreements), i.e. the Long-Term Scholarships and the Danish Summer Language Courses.
‣ The Danish Gov't Scholarships under the Cultural Agreements are aimed at highly qualified exchange students and young research scientists wishing to immerse themselves in studies of the Danish language and culture or other fields of study related to Denmark.
‣ Danish Government Scholarships are only available to master’s and PhD-level students and young research scientists.
‣ However, bachelor’s degree students wishing to study Danish language and literature can also apply if they have studied the Danish language for two years.
‣ Scholarships are offered to exchange students and young research scientists from higher education institutions in the following countries:
‣ In the selection process, the Danish host institutions will give priority to candidates:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please note that the Danish Gov't Scholarships for EU-countries, Iceland, Serbia, Switzerland and Turkey are currently being reformed.
‣ Applicants from Japan should apply using the online application form , and
‣ Applicants from Tokai University must use the paper application).
‣ Deadline for applications for the Long-Term Scholarships for the academic year 2013/2014 for students and researchers from China, Egypt, Israel, Japan, and Russia: February 28, 2013.
‣ The deadline for EU-countries, Iceland, Switzerland, Serbia and Turkey will be published in the start of February 2013.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.You may also like