Dahlem Research School is inviting applications for 18 postdoctoral fellowships to conduct research project at Free University of Berlin. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Free University of Berlin | Germany
Level: Postdoctoral Research
Field(s): Participating Excellence Projects and Focus Areas and research fields/ key topics by funding line COFUND-2014: Humanities and Social Sciences and Participating Excellence Projects and Focus Areas and research fields/ key topics by funding line POINT/REGAIN-2014: Natural and Life Sciences.
Deadline: 15 September 2013.
Funded By: The Dahlem Research School’s Postdoc Fellowship Program – co-financed by the German Excellence Initiative and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Dahlem Research School Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for all nationalities.
‣ Award No: Dahlem Research School offers 18 Incoming Postdoc Fellowships in two funding lines: 8 COFUND-2014 and 10 POINT/REGAIN-2014 fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Starting in spring 2014, each research fellowship will be awarded for 18 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: An employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 24.400 to 31.800 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status)
‣ The Dahlem Research School’s Postdoc Fellowship Program – co-financed by the German Excellence Initiative and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission – provides funding for outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines to conduct their own research project at Free University of Berlin.
‣ The aim is to support highly-qualified postdoctoral researchers who are outstanding in their field and to integrate them into one of the university’s research groups in an early phase of their career.
‣ The program is designed to promote further the academic career development through research funding, a tailored qualification program and the opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills.
‣ The program furthermore provides essential professional guidance on preparing grant proposals to support DRS fellows in obtaining funding for follow-up research projects at the Freie Universität Berlin.
Dahlem Research School Postdoctoral Fellowships
‣ The call is open to postdoctoral researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must be submitted and proof must be available by the application deadline);
‣ completed their doctoral degree no longer than 6 years before the deadline (starting with the date on the doctoral certificate);
‣ have not lived in Germany for longer than 12 months during the last 36 months before the deadline,
‣ Returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility (such as researching outside Germany, working for industry or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons) are specifically encouraged to apply.
‣ Fellows are selected in a five-step procedure:
‣ Candidates will receive an identification code which will allow anonymized results of each selection phase to be published on a secure website.
‣ After completion of phase 1, applicants will receive login details for the secure site and will from then on be notified by e-mail each time new results are announced.
‣ Unsuccessful applicants will be informed by email.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply, please register with the DRS online application platform. Once registered, please fill out the online application form and upload all required documents.
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by 15th September 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
‣ Successful candidates will be notified in January 2014.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: Featured, Fellowship, germany, Humanities, International, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences, Postdoctoral, research, Social Sciences