DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship in Germany , and applications are submitted till January 31, 2018. The application portal opens on December 1, 2017. Applications are invited for DAAD undergraduate scholarship available for full-time students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university. Scholarships will be awarded for currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany. Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of four (one semester) and a maximum of 10 months (one academic year). Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650, plus additional funds to help defray travel and research expenses as well as health insurance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Undergraduate Study
Field(s): all subjects
Deadline: January 31, 2018 .The application portal opens on December 1, 2017.
Funded By: DAAD
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship is targeted for US and Canadian students and international students in Canada and USA may apply for this scholarship program.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of four (one semester) and a maximum of 10 months (one academic year).
‣ Scholarship covers: Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650, plus additional funds to help defray travel and research expenses as well as health insurance.
‣ Highly qualified undergraduate students are invited to apply for scholarships funding study, senior thesis research and/or internships in Germany.
‣ The goal of this DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship program is to support study abroad in Germany and at German universities.
‣ Preference will be given to students whose projects or programs are based at and organized by a German university.
‣ Scholarships are available either as part of an organized study abroad program or as part of an individual, student-designed study abroad semester or year.
‣ This committee is looking for students who:
‣ have well-defined study, research or internship plans for their stay in Germany
‣ submit the DAAD language evaluation form with their application, although German language competency is not mandatory
‣ demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs and who explain the significance of their project in Germany to their future studies, research or professional goals
‣ are enrolled, full-time students in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university
‣ will return to the US or Canada after the scholarship period to complete their bachelor’s degree
Selection Criteria for DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship
‣ An independent committee made up of German university teachers is responsible for making the final decision.
‣ Important selection criteria are description of proposal and reasoning – for study or research stays and course of continuing education: a convincing and well-planned project. For structured study programmes or language and short courses: a well justified choice of course.
‣ Academic achievements Additional documents that prove academic suitability or provide information about extracurricular activities will also be considered in the assessment.
‣ Applicants will receive notification of acceptance in May 2017.
The application is submitted online through the DAAD portal which opens on December 1, 2017.
You are also required to mail 3 copies of the “Application summary” (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, to the application address.
Please visit our Scholarship Database for detailed instructions about application requirements and procedure.
The application is submitted online through the DAAD Portal.
Please note that a standard letter of recommendation instead of the above mentioned reference form will only be accepted in extraordinary circumstances. In that case, the instructions above apply as well.
Your paperwork should be in English (even if you are Francophone Canadian), not in German or French.
For Francophone Canadians: You can hand-in transcripts in French. All other documents must be in English.
Please do not call our office; you will receive an e-mail or letter of acknowledgment approximately four weeks after the deadline.
Applicants usually will receive notification of acceptance in May.
It is NOT necessary to send your application documents via mail. Please send the signed reference forms only (postmarked January 31, 2018) to:
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 31, 2018. The application portal opens on December 1, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.