DAAD study scholarship is announced for US or Canadian citizens to apply for those who like to study in Fine Arts, Architecture, Music, Dance, Germany 2014-2015. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): German institute of higher education | Germany
Level: Graduating Seniors, Graduate students, PhD
Field(s): Fine Arts, Architecture, Music, Dance.
Funded by: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
Deadline: November 1 and 15, 2013
Beneficiaries(Target Group): DAAD Study Scholarship is Open for USA and Canadian students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: A very limited number of scholarship holders who receive seven- to 24-month grants may be awarded a two-month language course grant. This language grant is decided upon by the independent selection committee and does not require a separate application
‣ Scholarship Duration: Graduate study scholarships are granted for one academic year (10 months) with the possibility of a one-year extension for students completing a full degree program in Germany.
‣ Scholarship covers: Monthly stipends are approximately €750. DAAD will cover health insurance and provide a flat rate subsidy for travel costs (US East: €850 / West: €1,075; Canada East: €925 / West: €1,300). In addition, limited funds are available for a rent subsidy and family allowance.
‣ The aim of DAAD Study Scholarship is to provide highly qualified students in the fields of fine art, design, film, music, choreography and architecture with an opportunity to complete a program of additional studies, with or without earning a formal degree, at a German institute of higher education.
DAAD announces study scholarship for US or Canadian citizens. The scholarships aim to provide highly qualified students with an opportunity to complete a program of additional studies, with or without earning a formal degree, at a German institute of higher education. The scholarship will be offered in Fine Arts, Architecture, Music and Dance. At the time of application, applicants must not have been resident in Germany for more than one year. The application form must be completed online.
Guidelines for DAAD Study Scholarship:
‣ The guidelines here pertain to applicants in the fields of Fine Arts, Architecture, Music and Dance. (Applicants in all other academic fields are welcome to apply for the regular Study Scholarship.)
‣ Graduating seniors or graduate students applying for this program must be enrolled at an accredited university at the time of application.(Those who have already completed an undergraduate degree do not need to be currently enrolled.)
‣ Recent graduates who have completed their Bachelor’s degrees no longer than six years before the application deadline are welcome to apply.
‣ PhD candidates must have achieved ABD status no longer than four years before applying. Postdocs may apply until two years after completion of their PhD.
‣ Applicants should be US or Canadian citizens. Foreign nationals must have studied at an accredited US or Canadian university for at least two years by the time of application.
‣ At the time of application, Applicants must not have been resident in Germany for more than one year.
‣ DAAD Study Scholarship applicants are requested to have a well-defined study project that makes a stay in Germany essential. Preference will be given to applicants who have been invited by a faculty member at a German university to study at a particular university department.
‣ Applicants in the arts, humanities and social sciences should have a good command of German.
‣ Applicants may not hold a DAAD grant and a grant from another German or German-American organization/German-Canadian organization concurrently for the same project.
‣ Prior recipients of a DAAD grant should contact DAAD New York before applying to determine their eligibility status.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ If your university is a DAAD Partner University, contact your designated DAAD campus coordinator.
‣ All materials should be submitted to your coordinator before your university’s deadline.
‣ If your university is NOT a DAAD Partner University, send your application directly to the DAAD New York office. Do NOT send any materials to the DAAD Bonn office, DAAD Information Centre Toronto or DAAD Information Center in San Francisco. The application form must be completed online.
‣ Please disregard the “Information regarding your application”, the last page of the online application.
‣ The information relevant to your application is the following as well as the instructions DAAD New York provides in the Online Application Guidelines and the Instructions for completing the DAAD Online
‣ Application. Collate, but DO NOT staple, each copy of the application in this order:
DAAD Study Scholarship Application Deadline:
‣ November 1, 2013 (postmark): For all applicants in the fields of music, visual arts and performing arts who wish to study during the upcoming German academic year (October 1, 2014 to July 31, 2015).
‣ November 15, 2013 (postmark): For applicants (outside the fields of music, visual arts and performing arts) who wish to study during the upcoming German academic year (October 1, 2014 to July 31, 2015).
‣ For all applicants in the fields of music, visual arts and performing arts who wish to study during the upcoming German academic year .
‣ Results will be announced at the end of March/beginning of April. For applicants (outside the fields of music, visual arts and performing arts) who wish to study during the upcoming German academic year.
‣ Results will be announced at the end of March/beginning of April.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like