DAAD Scholarships are offered for Developing Countries. a call for 2013/14 is announce. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):German Universities offering postgraduate courses with relevance to developing countries | Germany
Level: Masters (MSc) Degree
Field(s): Postgraduate courses are offered in the following fields:
‣ Economic Sciences / Business Administration / Political Economics • Development Co-operation ‣ Engineering and Related Sciences • Mathematics
‣ Regional Planning • Agriculture and Forest Sciences
‣ Environmental Sciences • Medicine and Public Health
‣ Veterinary Medicine • Sociology and Education
‣ View the list of selected programmes for 2013/2014.
Deadline: 31 July (annual)
Funded by: DAAD
Beneficiaries( Target Group): The DAAD Scholarships is open for international students and young professionals from developing countries in Africa, Asia, Pacific Islands, Central and South America and Central and Eastern Europe.
Benefits(Value/ Inclusions): this scholarship supports selected programmes with a variety of full or partial scholarships.
‣ The German Academic Exchange Service provides DAAD scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
‣ These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide academically-trained young professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries.
‣ Will come either from a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, be engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
‣ Holds a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in related subject
‣.Will have completed an academic degree far beyond average and at least two years of related professional experience.
‣ Is not older than 36 (for some courses the age limit is 32), and his/her respective academic degrees should normally not be older than 3 years. Concerning a possible age limit, please refer to the course details on the following pages.
‣ For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A3 or B1 are highly recommended.
‣ For courses in English: TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based) or IELTS (band 6) certificate.
Please also see if you meet the eligibility requirements of the programme you are applying to.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Scholarship applicants can apply at the German embassy or German Academic Exchange Service regional office, directly at the German Academic Exchange Service in Bonn or directly to the university.
‣ For Cameroon, Myanmar, Nigeria it is highly recommended to submit the applications only via the German Embassy.
‣ The applicant should submit the complete requirements as found in this link.
‣ The applicant also needs to follow separate specific application requirements and instructions (if any) set by a course.
‣ Application deadlines for German Academic Exchange Service-scholarships are as follows:
‣ At German embassies and/or at the German Academic Exchange Service regional offices: 31 July • At the German Academic Exchange Service section 431 in Bonn/Germany: 30 August • At the respective universities in Germany: 30 September or 15 October
‣ Important Note: Applicants should make sure to check information regarding university-specific application closing dates directly with the individual universities because they may vary from the general deadlines listed above.
‣ It is important to read the 2013-2014 Scholarship Booklet and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like