DAAD Scholarship. DAAD annually funds graduate school scholarship programs (GSSP) for foreign doctoral students in structured doctoral programs at German universities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Germany Universities | Germany
Level: Doctoral Degree
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the universities.
Deadline: 20th January 2014.
Funded By: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DAAD Scholarship is targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: The selected doctoral programs received a funding commitment for up to four DAAD-funded PhD places per usually in tranches of two squares.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Each DAAD PhD course it includes up to three years, in the case of PhD students from developing and emerging countries, up to four-year scholarships funded by the DAAD.
‣ Scholarship covers:The selection committee will be his judgment is based on the information in the application. it is therefore in the interest of the applicant institution, with the wording of the request to create the basis for a balanced and fair judgment properly.
‣ Doctoral programs in Europe to develop a central element of the training and promotion of young scientists.
‣ Quality standards for the selection and supervision of doctoral students and an international research environment contribute to the attractiveness of these programs and create especially for applicants from abroad ideal starting conditions for a successful academic and social integration.
‣ Doctoral education in Germany in structured PhD program has become essential to part of the qualification process of young academics.
‣ Quality Standards Regarding the selection and hosting of doctoral students as well as international research environment to create unique perspectives for a successful academic and social integration and synthesis program make very attractive, particularly for foreign applicants.
‣ The DAAD intends to contribute to the new funding program to a) increase the share DAAD-funded foreign doctoral students in structured doctoral programs in Germany and b) doctoral programs in establishing research collaborations with partners abroad by DAAD-funded PhD places for foreign doctoral students sustainably support.
‣ In a competitive process to identify doctoral programs that receive funding approval by the DAAD up to four DAAD-funded doctoral courses (two doctoral courses in two consecutive years) for foreign doctoral students.
To avail DAAD Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ the study must at the time of starting the scholarship with a diploma or Master, in exceptional cases, with the Bachelor (fast-track promotion) be completed.
‣ The time of application should be in the last degree; generally be no more than six years.
‣ The implementation of the funding commitments, the country-specific notes must be into account.
‣ Applicants who are already at the time of application longer than fifteen spend months in Germany, cannot be considered.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ For Nomination process applicant must submitted following documents to the DAAD:
a) Of the universities:
b) Of the foreign applicants:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20th January 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like